2

Lori | Los Angeles, California

"So, everything is here right?" I verified with my people and they nodded. "Yep, everything is here. Once you send us the list, we will move everything that you need to the building and have it ready" Erin told me. I nodded, checking the time on my watch.

It was nearing two in the afternoon and I was ready to take my ass home.

"Alright fellas, I'm off. Anything business related call Addy. I'm off the grid for the rest of the week working from home" I told, specifically to Erin. He nodded and I took that as my sign to leave.

Walking to my matte black Lamborghini, I got in and sat my sunglasses on the top of my head. I started up my car and dialed Tony's number. While it was ringing, I put my seatbelt on and pulled out of my parking spot to make my drive back home.

"Hello?" Tony asked when the call connected. "Where are you?" I asked. "Damn I didn't get a hello or nothing" he said sarcastically. I smacked my lips, "hello Tony. Now, where are you?" I asked again, checking my side mirror to get off of the highway. "On my way back to Solange's. I took Monica some food to set since she oh so begged me to" he told me.

I chuckled, "you have your own house, why are you going to Solange?" I asked him. "Julez has a basketball game tonight and asked me to come" he said like it was nothing. "How long are y'all gonna play this game? Y'all been pushing and pulling for years and now you're playing stepdad to her grown son?" I asked. "Shut up ight, I'm working on it" he muttered.

I laughed louder and parked in the parking garage of the house. It was another car that wasn't on of mine or Beyoncé's so I was a tad confused on who was over here.

I took my phone off of the car Bluetooth and put it to my ear as I got my purse and got out of the car. I locked the door and made my way through the garage door into the house.

"Well, I was just checking on you. What time does Monica get off?" I asked him. I walked through the house towards the living room where voices were heard. "I think around six. Her call time was five this morning. I think she's gonna come to y'all's house after though" he told me. I stood in the living room where Beyoncé and Matthew stood.

I squinted my eyes at Beyoncé as to why this man was in my house. She sighed and had irritated look on her face. "Alright, tell her to call me when she is done" I told Tony and hung up.

I looked at Beyoncé expectingly to start explaining.

"Lori" Matthew gave me a nod. I refrained from rolling my eyes, "Matthew" I said to him dryly. "Mind telling me why he's here?" I asked Beyoncé as I stood near her after sitting my purse at the table. She sighed, "apparently Dad has a business proposition for us" she said. I raised my eyebrows. "Why would I take any proposition from him?" I asked. "Just hear me out alright, I know you hate me and all that but this can be good for you, the both of you" he tried to justify himself.

I sat on the couch, "fine what is it?" I asked. Beyoncé sat next to me and Matthew sat in front of us. "Have you heard of Arthur Cartier?" He asked us. Beyoncé shook her head no but I nodded, "of course, he's a staple in France. Why?" I asked him. "Well, word through the industry is that he plans on coming out and showing his face. They think he wants to talk about someone collaborating with him musically and to collab with Saint Laurent" he told us.

Arthur Cartier or Ghost was a held high name in France. He is similar to me but is more on the lines of Beyoncé's path. He was a music producer and apparently he owns one of the many Saint Laurent store branches in France.

"He's considered a Ghost man in France though. Nobody hasn't even heard him talk" I said to them. I don't necessarily trust Matthew or his words but I can't deny him being a good businessman. If that meant not stealing from his daughter. "Where did you even get this information from?" Beyoncé asked him. "I told you I heard it through the industry. I'm still a producer, Beyoncé" he told her.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, "well thank you, I guess Matthew but I think I'm fine. My company is already at its peak. I don't want to get too egotistical and work with a Ghost" I told him. "Yeah, I haven't even heard of this person. Let alone their work in the industry. Why would I want to work with that?" Bey asked, standing up.

I leaned over to Beyoncé's ear and whispered, "I'm gonna go check on the kids" I told her and turned on my heals to walk upstairs.

Ignoring the calls of Matthew for me to reconsider, I made my way up the steps and down the long hallway. I stopped in front of the first room which was the twins and peaked my head inside quietly to see they were taking their afternoon naps. They both had spit falling from the side of their mouths as they peacefully slept.

Closing the door back slightly, I moved further down the hall towards Aaliyah's room. I knocked on the door and heard her tell me to come in. I opened to see her lying on a beanbag, reading how to kill a mocking bird. I sat next to her causing the bean bag to wobble at the impact earning a giggle from the eight year old.

"Bonjour Maman" she said to me as she laid her head on my shoulder. "bonjour mon bébé, dans quel chapitre es-tu maintenant?" (hello my baby, what chapter are you on now?) I asked her, throwing my arm over her shoulder. "16, I'm getting to the trial case now" she told me, bookmarking her page before closing it. "I will never understand how you can understand the circumstances of this book" I told her.

She chuckled and stretched along me as she sat her book down.

"What's wrong?" I asked, automatically sensing something was off with my child. She shrugged, "well, I wanted to look into my history y'know and my background. I know about you and your parents and uncles and auntie but, I know nothing about my father's side" she began.

I bit the inside of my cheek, knowing the direction of this conversation. I mean, she getting older and I knew she would have questions but I honestly wasn't physically or mentally ready to even think about all the questions she might ask.

"And you want to know more about him?" I asked her and she nodded nervously. "Well, I won't tell you everything but I will tell you a little. What do you want to know?" I asked her, my heart racing.

She looked at me through her lashes. At this moment, I seen how similar she looked to him. While yes she is my twin obviously, she's growing into some looks that looks just like him. Sometimes it scares me but I've gotten over it. She bit her lip before blowing out her cheeks.

"Where is he?"

_________________
Hi lovelies 🫶🏾.
I'm obsessed you guys really. I already have this written to chapter 12 and I'm tempted to drop them all but I don't want to move too fast.
Don't forget, this will be more so surrounded by Lori and her past as the first book was surrounded by Bey so time to look through Lori's eyes 🫠.
Enjoy n comment n all that 🤸🏾‍♀️.