5

Beyoncé | Los Angeles

Why must people piss me off?

"Dante, I swear I specifically told you to not send that verse to him? That was just a practice one" I put my fingers on my temple and rubbed them in irritation. "I'm sorry Bey, in my defense, we were both half asleep in the studio when you told me this. I've already emailed his team the correct version" he told me.

Today, it just seemed like everyone and everything was pissing me off. First I woke up late and forgot to get the twins ready for daycare. Lori had to take an early flight to France to meet with some investors so she was out of the question. Thankfully, Blue was awake—I don't know why as it was no school for her or Liyah—and got them ready for me. Then, after I dropped them off, I got word that I needed to go back to universal studios and re-record my lines for The Lion King which threw me off schedule to take Aaliyah to go to her track meet. And now one of my close friends and producer sent DJ Khalid the wrong verse.

All this shit and for it only one in the afternoon.

Thankfully, I was getting a little break as Halle and Darryl offered to pick the twins up from daycare and hold onto them until tomorrow. I'm pretty sure Chloe was out in New York doing photoshoots so I hoped to go home and just spend some time with Aaliyah and Blue.

Sighing tiredly, I thanked Julius and walked into the house. It was semi dark when I entered which wasn't unusual when it was just the middle children home. I mean, the living room light was on and the kitchen and I could hear voices in there so my curiosity got the best of me as I walked in further.

Blue was sitting at the table on FaceTime with a book in front of her in the living room and I can see through the open kitchen that Aaliyah was on her iPad watching something as she ate some cereal.

"Hi Ivy" I said making my presence known. She turned her head, "hey Mama" she told me, leaning over a bit to kiss my cheek. The closer I get, I could see she was on the phone with Mya. "Hi Mya" I told the young girl over the phone and she smiled slightly, flashing her braces. "Hi Mrs. Bourgeois" she told me politely.

Not gonna lie, I actually liked this little girl. When I met her last weekend, she looked so nervous. You could tell she wasn't used to the spotlight and attention that Blue got when she was with her but they were always smiling together.

I moved towards the kitchen to where Aaliyah was and kissed her head. She looked up a bit and smiled, "hi mommy" she told me. "Hi baba, how was your day?" I asked her. She shrugged, "it was okay. A little boring but I talked to my uncles today so that was fun" she told me. I nodded, "have you talked to you maman?" I asked her. She nodded, "not too long ago actually. She said she's gonna be here by tomorrow morning" she told me.

With that, I moved towards the steps so I can go wash the stress of the day off of me. I thought that once I slowed down from touring and dropping albums that my life would be a little less stressful since I wanted to focus on being a mother to my kids but it seems like now, shit just got 10x more stressful.

Walking into my bedroom, I threw my heals onto the floor and tossed my purse on the bed. I threw my hair up to a bun just as I walked towards the bathroom to start the shower. I walked back into the walk-in closet and decided on one of Lori's shirts and some sweatpants before moving back towards the bathroom.

After a long as relaxing shower, I got out and turned my music off. Once I did, I moved it to my sink to sit as I began to wash my face. My phone started to go off causing a deep, irritated groan to erupt from my chest as I continued to scrub. I was debating on ignoring it and using the excuse that I was asleep when I eventually call back but I accidentally looked over when my curiosity had me wanting to know who called.

"mon soleil ❤️"

A bright smile was brought to my face as I quickly hit accept.

"Qu'est-ce qui t'a pris autant de temps?" (What took you so long?) Lori asked me in a playful tone. I playfully rolled my eyes as if she could see me,  "Je me lavais le visage. En plus, honnêtement, je n'allais pas répondre avant de voir que c'était toi" (I was washing my face. plus, I honestly wasn't going to answer until i saw it was you) I told her as I put some moisturizer on my face. "Rough day?" She asked me and I nodded, "mhmm" I hummed.

I grabbed my phone and moved towards the bedroom and put my phone on the bed. I threw my clothes into the hamper and started to moisturize my body.

"You home alone?" I heard Lori asked me. "No, Blue and Aaliyah are here—Aaliyah told me she spoke to you not too long ago" I told her. She hummed, "she did, I won't be able to come home tonight as it's not safe to fly my plane out. It's a Storm warning over here and I don't want to risk anything. I told her I would be back by tomorrow morning but it doesn't look like this storm is slowing down and it's lightening added to it" she told me.

At that moment, a strong strike of lightning could be heard in her background causing me to tense up.

"Please be careful Lori" I told her softly as I sat in bed, fully dressed now. "I will baby. I'm not alone if that makes you feel any better. I'm here with Addy and Gabriel. Addy is probably talking to Chloe and Gabriel is right next to me" she told me. "Tell him I said hi" I told her. She repeated what I said and I heard his voice, "Hey Bey, your wife is being stubborn again—" Gabriel yelled before I heard Lori cut him off, "Shut up, no I'm not" she told him and I chuckled.

My bedroom door opened to see the two girls in their pajamas. I waved them over and they got under the covers right next to me.

"Don't be cutting him off Simone. What does he mean by you being stubborn again?" I asked Lori as I threw my arm over Aaliyah's shoulder, running my fingers through her curls. "Nothing Jolie fille, Gabriel is just talking. Anyway, it's pretty late over here. Let me get ready for bed and I'll call you in the morning" she told me. "Okay, goodnight" I told her. "Goodnight mon amour. Tell the girls I said the same" she told me. "They're right here, tell them yourself" I told her, putting the phone on speaker.

Blue sat up a bit, "night maman!" Blue said all loudly in my ear causing me to mug her. Aaliyah giggled when she gave me a guilty smile, "Goodnight Lierre" she told her. "Night maman, be careful please" Aaliyah told her, fear evident in her voice. "I will baby, I'm staying inside all night. Hopefully it will calm down soon" Lori told her.

She talked to the kids for a little before hanging up so she could actually go to bed.

"Can we watch a movie mommy?" Liyah asked me. I nodded, pulling my remote from under me. I turned on the tv and scrolled through everything. "Can we watch Goldmember?" Blue asked. I squinted my eyes at her, "why?" I asked. I watched the two exchange glances, "you never let us watch your movies. We're older now and we wanna watch it" Aaliyah told me, looking at with those big eyes.

I sighed and clicked on it on Amazon prime and they snuggled more into me. Throughout the movie, I was cringing at watching younger me on screen.

"Who put y'all up to this?" I asked them. "TT Solo" they told me simultaneously.

God I'm going to kill her.

______________
Hi lovelies 🫶🏾.
Gonna double update to make up for not updating last week like I told myself I would.
I've been listening to Bey all day so I'm a bit inspired 🫠.
I see Coco Jones tomorrow and I'm bout turnt ash so yall def ain't gon hear from me until Sunday since the show starts at 8 💀.
Enjoy n comment n all that 🤸🏾‍♀️.