6

Lori | Sarcelles, France

"Lori, why is Matthew Knowles emailing me about Arthur Cartier?" Addy asked me as we walked onto the jet. "He came to the house a few days ago trying to offer us some business with him. I didn't trust him though. I mean, Cartier is a ghost man. Much like me when I first started. And he's been out for over ten years" I told her.

Thankfully, the terrible storm here in France had stopped. The sky was clear so it was safe for us to fly. I was ready because I really just wanted to be under my wife.

Or between her thighs. That sounds much more enjoyable.

From working hard with this new lion king movie she's apart of to doing videos for every song on the album for the movie, my baby was drained. She was also being a wonderful mother to our six children—two of which are grown and barely home—but, you get the picture. All I wanted was to give her some stress free attention. Luckily, Blue was already going to Shawn's house for the weekend so I wouldn't see her until she gets home from school on Monday and Aaliyah had asked to go to Kelly's place so I took that chance to take the twins with her.

Thus leaving Bey and I home alone. I've already talked to Yvette about clearing her schedule so that no one will bother us and I've blatantly threatened Solange and Angie that if they came over without calling, I was going to take away their privileges with having access to my expensive alcohol collection.

That got they alcoholic asses to agree quickly.

"I've heard he's coming out...showing his face" Addy told me and I nodded, "that's what Matthew said. I wonder why though. Like, why come out now and not five years back or something. He's been hidden for so many years, he's basically putting a target on his back by doing that" I muttered.

In my mind, I thought it was stupid. I mean in my case, I'm technically still hidden in a way. I will admit I definitely underestimated the Beyhive as they were quick with trying to find things of me. But they were very respectful as Bey had made it known she wanted me as a person to be hidden. She made it known that she was married but she still goes by her maiden name to the public. The twins only go by their first name and Aaliyah doesn't even like to be on social media. Much like me anyway.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, even though I've been hidden for the majority of my career, I do it to keep my family safe. When you are at this height of your life, someone is always trying to get you whether you know it or not and your best bet is to stay hidden.

At least until you find out who's trying to take you out.

***
Walking through the doors of the house, it was almost three in the afternoon. The house was quiet but that was only because of the lack of children in the house. I made my way upstairs towards the bedroom and opened the door. To my surprise, Beyoncé was knocked out cold.

I smiled slightly at her disheveled hair and her pouty lips as she slept peacefully. I moved to put my purse away and took my heals off. I moved towards the bathroom to turn the shower on as I felt disgusting. I mean, I always do after flying honestly.