10

Blue | Los Angeles, California

"I've been telling you for like almost two months that we are just friends. So what if I like her? Mom has a whole wife and so does Grandma Gloria. Why are you so keen on trying to get it out of me whether or not I like girls?" I ranted to dad as we stood outside of the school. "I just want to get to know my daughter more and if she's dating a girl, could I be able to get to know her" he told me, leaning against the car.

I had basketball practice—well, more like a meeting after school to plan for our next game and much like almost every other day, I had plans on spending the night at my dad's. At least I was. I'm honestly about to just stop coming all together. Carter barely cared of my existence now that he had been spending time with his new friends.

"You know what, I think I'll just go home. I'll see if mom can come get me" I told him, walking back into the school building. I was looking down at my phone, not even bothering to look up causing me to run into someone.

Out of reflex, I stuck my hand out and grabbed—whoever I ran into so that they didn't fall. I heard a familiar giggle as I finally looked up to see who I had unintentionally hit.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry Mya" I said to the girl. She waved me off, "it's fine Blue, you actually saved me from falling on my ass" she chuckled, gesturing to my hand that was still pulling on her cheer outfit. I quickly removed my hand and muttered a small sorry as I was dying from embarrassment. She chuckled at my demise, "I thought you were leaving with your dad?" She asked. I puffed out my cheeks, pulling out my phone when it pinged. "I was but, my dad pissed me off so now I'm just gonna wait to see if my mom or someone can come get me" I told her. I watched as the family group chat blew up with everyone texting.

Family feud 🫶🏾.

Maman - what happened?

Solo - what did yo fat lipped daddy do now?

The normal. Can someone just come get me?

Mommy - do I need to put my hands on him again?

Angie- let me roll down there with my metal bat!

Nooooo
No fighting, I don't need nobody going to jail
Maman, can you come get me please? He's still here for Corey and I don't need them lashing out.

Maman- yeah, I'm coming. I'm about ten minutes out. You in the front?

No, I'm in the back with Mya near the bleachers. Dad just came back here since Corey and the team is practicing so fair warning

Maman- K

"So, how come you're still here?" I asked Mya as we sat at the bleachers. "My dad's meeting ran over but he's on his way here. He told me he had to speak with some creative directors of the movie he's in to get his clothes" she told me.