11

Lori | Paris, France

"Sometimes I hate coming home" I muttered to Addy as we walked through the building of Juliette. She hummed, "so do I. How long do you think we are gonna stay?" She asked as we walked into my office. Thankfully, the room was spotless with everything back in its rightful position and all the glass was removed. "Just until I can get my father for help. It may be harder if the witch is by his side but whatever" I told her.

Addy and I came to France to get some work done. Beyoncé and Chloe were upset that we came with a threat on my life but I promised them we had upped security to be with us 24/7 while we were here. Hopefully we weren't gonna be here long anyway as I was also using this chance to speak to my father.

While I did dislike my parents, my father wasn't as terrible as my mother. He was pretty laid back growing up. My mother was the one that was the problem. The only reason I included my father in the dislike of my parents was because her never once stuck up for us. He constantly let mother get away with all the shit she did which just caused me to be more hurt than angry at his actions.

"Are you sure he's gonna help? Why couldn't we just call him first before coming out here?" Addy pouted. I chuckled, "you know my father. He likes to be old school and do exchanges face to face" I told her. I grabbed my phone and double check to make sure my father had responded to my message—which he did—telling me that he was home. I didn't care if my mother was there anyway.

"He's home. I'm gonna go swing by there and talk to him. You think you'll be good here?" I asked Addy as I grabbed my purse. She hummed, "mhm. Be careful though. Don't let them rile you up" she told me and I nodded, "I make no promises, they infuriate me" I told her as she chuckled.

Deciding on leaving on my own, giving Gabriel specific orders to watch over Addy. He was very hesitant to let me go but I wouldn't be long anyway. I reassured him I would be fine and I even gave them my location with promising to text them when I get there safely.

Driving there, my mind was just drifting off to possibilities of where he could be. I mean, I haven't seen him in almost ten years thankfully but he still seems to linger in my mind like the plague. It felt like I couldn't breathe whenever I thought of him. I prided myself on making sure I kept my calm composure with my family because I knew Aaliyah fed off of my emotions. This...dilemma is breaking my character that I desperately tried to attain over the years.

Now all of a sudden, I have one conversation with Aaliyah about her father and now everything I tried to submerge under my exterior is coming up in ten folds. The only way I feel like I'll be back to me is if I find that bitch and he's dead.

***
"Lori, je suis heureuse de te revoir" (Lori, I'm happy to see you again) my father told me as I stepped into his open arms when I walked into my childhood home. "oui, ça fait longtemps papa mais je suis heureux de te voir aussi" (yes, it's been a while dad but i am happy to see you too) I told him.

When we pulled from the hug, I looked around the home to see everything pretty much the same from the way it was growing up. It was now just more pictures of the family.

"Now, what do I owe the pleasure of this visit Lori? I thought you promised to never step foot here" he told me as he sat in his regular chair as I sat in front of him. I subconsciously sat in my spot—closest to his chair on the couch as that was my designated spot I had growing up with the twins and Lamia.

"Well, wait—is...she here?" I asked. He chuckled and shook his head. "No, she had a lunch date with your godmother" he told me and I nodded. "Okay well, I need your help" I told him. He nodded, sitting back a bit and gesturing me to continue. "I need your connections to help me find—him" I told him, not wanting to actually say his name. Dad furrowed his eyebrows in confusion but his face quickly constructed into a knowing look.

"Why?" He asked. I bit my lip, "he's tainting my memory...I can't even look at Aaliyah without loosing it" I told him, running my hands through my hair stressfully. I watched him twist his lips before letting out a sigh. "I'm not gonna promise I can find him since any records I had with him was taken with the investigation but I can try and look around and speak to some people" he told me and I nodded.

"Thank you papa, that's all I need. I just want to be able to breathe around Li" I told him gratefully. He smiled warmly at me, "how is she doing? She still into photography?" He asked me, his eyes lighting up at the idea of his grandchild. I nodded, "she loves it. Been shadowing Bey's personal photographer and using her aunts and siblings as personal models" I told him with a small chuckle.

I could see a flash of regret on his face.

My father and I have made up from the strong problems we had but in reality, there was really no bad blood with him and I, it was more so with the wicked witch. Aaliyah has spoken to her grandfather a few times but she knew how they treated me in the past according to Lamia opening her big mouth. She held animosity against him since she will forever side with me which I didn't blame her but the more they talked, the more she warmed up to him when she realized I was friendly with him.

She absolutely loves her grandfather, happy that she has another one with her grandpa Richard.

"When everything is safe, maybe bring her out" he suggested as I stood up and slid my jacket back on. I hummed, "maybe. Maybe you can send the witch to Cabo or something when she does. I really don't want to put my hands on her again for talking slick about my children" I said, rolling my eyes when he chuckled.

We walked towards the front door making small talk and dad opened it. I put my hand on the bridge of my nose in irritation when I saw her getting ready to stick her key and the door but ultimately narrowed her eyes when she saw me.

I raised my hand up, stopping her from opening her mouth. "I came to see my father, not you. I'm leaving now so don't worry about me being here any longer" I told her. I turned and hugged my father tightly who did the same. "Thank you dad" I told him softly. "Of course, I'll call when I find anything" he told me in the same tone.

I left the house, not even speaking to the woman as I walked back to my car. I got in and began to drive back towards my headquarters.

I really hoped my father could find something. I was desperate for anything at this point. All I wanted was to keep my family safe. I'll be damned if I let a past memory destroy me.

Fuck no.
__________________
Hi lovelies 🫶🏾.
I have been working on a new book called "Donor 386" since people wanted it to be a full book so check it out 🧍🏽‍♀️.
I think I'll be able to write a lot next week since I'm on spring break now so I'm gonna disappear for a bit 🤧.
Enjoy n comment n all that 🤸🏾‍♀️.