7

Beyoncé | Los Angeles, California

"Mommy, you or maman has to sign this for me" Aaliyah said coming into the living room with a piece of paper. I peered my eyes up from my computer, "sign what Li?" I asked her. She sat in the empty space next to me and handed me the paper.

I took the paper, moving my computer to the table and watched out of my peripheral vision as Lori paused from writing things to see what we were doing.

My eyes scanned over the paper. "You wanna go see a Shakespeare play? I thought you disliked all of his work?" I asked Aaliyah as I handed it over to Lori so she could look over it. Liyah shrugged, "I do dislike them. The only one I can tolerate is Othello which is the one we are watching" she told us. Lori hummed and signed the paper before handing it back to Aaliyah.

"When is it?" I asked her. "On Friday. Do you think I could stay after with Blue and Carter?" She asked, mostly to me as Lori had went back to her paperwork. "I don't see why not. Her practices on Friday be ending at like what? Five?" I asked the child who nodded, "yep, maybe earlier but I'm pretty sure Blue is gonna wait to watch Mya" Liyah said particularly loud to get the attention of Blue who was in the kitchen with the twins.

Blue smacked her lips. Lori and I chuckled a bit, "what have we talked about sis? Shhhh" Blue said as she adjusted Rumi on her waist and held Sir's hand as they walked into the living room. Sir ran to Lori and—with the help of her sat on the couch next to her. Blue handed Rumi to Aaliyah who she was reaching for before sitting dramatically on my lap. I let out a grunt as I held her.

"Do you not know how tall you are Blue? You're almost six feet still tryna sit on my lap like you five again" I chuckled at her. She hummed, "I don't know why you and maman keep on yapping about my height. Do y'all not want me to mess with y'all like I'm a baby anymore?" She asked. Lori and I exchanged glances, "Yes actually" Lori said and Blue smacked her lips before trying to stand up but my arms were tightened around her waist, holding her down.

She fought for a bit before slumping against me. Everyone laughed at her demise and she pouted. "Stop messing with me, I'm gonna call someone I know who's not gonna bully me" she muttered before fishing out her phone from her sweats and sliding from my grasp.

"That's code for I'm gonna call Mya so she can make me smile again" Aaliyah said before getting up, handing Rumi to me and making her way upstairs. I chuckled and shook my head playfully. Lori laid back on the couch as she held Sir against her chest. I was humming softly as I held Rumi, trying to lull her to sleep as Sir was already on the brink of it with Lori's hands running up and down his back.

Lori's phone began to vibrate back to back but she was ignoring it, probably trying not to wake up Sir by moving.

"Pick it up baby. It sounds important with the back to back" I whispered. She hummed, "probably but whatever it is can wait" she whispered back. My phone then began to ring. I reached my hand over and grabbed it. I answered it seeing it was Addy calling.

"Yes Addy?" I asked. "Bey, where is Lori? Something happened and I need her to answer the phone" Addy's rushed voice was heard. I furrowed my eyebrows, "okay, hold on. She's doing something with Sir, I'll have her call you right now" I told her, looking at Lori while hanging up the phone after she told me okay.

Lori saw my facial expression while talking to Addy and decided to pick up her phone.

"Fuck" Lori said under her breath as she looked that her phone. "What?" I asked, sitting up a bit while still being careful to not wake Rumi. "My building in France was broken into" Lori said angrily but still a little contained as she was still holding our son. I sat up a bit, also being careful of Rumi. I stood up, adjusting the sleeping child on my waist before walking towards Lori and grabbed Sir.

"Hold on, let me take them to there room" I told her before turning to move upstairs. I walked towards the twins room and laid them in their rightful beds. When they were both were comfortable, I kissed both of them on the heads and moving out of the room.

I made my way back downstairs to see Lori stressfully shaking her leg as she was on the phone. She put her phone on speaker and sat it on the table as she threw her head back in irritation.

"Was anything stolen?" Lori spoke through the phone. "No, it just broken glass everywhere and some graffiti. They raided your office and shattered your frames and some of the sewing machines you had in there were broken. There is also a bunch of words written in black along the walls" Erin told her and I heard the phone ping and Lori picked it up. I moved to her side to see too and watched her face scrunch up at what was sent.

You can't hide forever

I watched her blow out her nose and rolled her neck in irritation.

"Clear out the building and I'll make some calls to have repairs made. Everyone will have to work from him until I can ensure that everyone is safe in the building. Did the police say anything?" She asked. "They checked the cameras but it was only the shadows of a few people in black. Thankfully, a lot of the rooms were locked and they didn't bother with those. Someone specifically targeted your office though. I'm gonna stay with security until police leave just to oversee everything" Erin told her and she nodded, "thank you Erin. Please be careful. I'll try to see if I can fly out there soon" she told him and I furrowed my eyebrows.

Why would she go back if someone is obviously trying to hurt her?

"No, don't come here. Someone is obviously trying to find you if they targeted Juliette. Just stay there until we can figure out who did it" Erin told her sternly. She was about to say something until I placed my hand on her arm and shook my head. She pouted, "fine, I'll stay. But don't get involved Erin. Let the police handle it" she told him.

They talked for a little bit before they both hung up. I sat closer to her and placed my fingers on her chin. She turned her head and looked at me with tired eyes.

"I don't know what to do Bey" she told me as she laid her head on my chest. I held her close, trying to give her a sense of comfort, "the best thing you can do is stay here. Someone was trying to find you and hurt you. They targeted your office with hopes of finding you. Please don't try and get involved, the kids need you, I need you. Let the police do their job" I told her, kissing her head.

She sighed but nonetheless nodded, mushing her body closer to me.

Why can't we have peace?
___________________
Hi lovelies 🫶🏾.
I'm sooo eager to drop chapter bc I'm impatient but I'm trying so hard not to.
Not really any new news besides the fact that I might double update in honor of my birthday on Tuesday to hold y'all until the weekend if I see a good amount of comments so do y'all thing 😋.
Enjoy n comment n all that 🤸🏾‍♀️.