4

Wanted to give Blue a portion to talk but later on switching to Lori 🤸🏾‍♀️

Blue | Los Angeles, California

"Bye Liyah" I said to my little sister as I dropped her off at her side of the school. "Bye sis, are you coming home after school?" She asked me, fixing her book bag on her shoulder. I shook my head, "not right after. I have basketball practice and Corey has junior football practice. I might just spend the night at his house and come home tomorrow but I'll let you know" I told her.

After we separated, I made my way to the highschool side of the school. Moving through the many bodies of freshman's to seniors, I made it to my locker where, coincidentally, Mya was at, putting her books in the locker two doors down from mine.

After the conversation with my mom a few days ago, everyday since then, whenever I've seen Mya, I get a little nervous to be around her. I'm not usually a nervous person as I've had no reason to be. I've performed on stage with my world renowned mother, I've saw the negativity that people have made about me online and all that just gave me tough skin. But, being around her makes me feel all nervous.

"Hey Blue" Mya told me causing me to jump out my thoughts and cause my binder to fall out of my hands onto my foot. "Ah fuck!" I said, reaching down to touch the hurt foot. She gasped and bent down to grab the binder. "Oh my god I'm so sorry" Mya told me as I stood back up straight, hobbling on my foot to try and shake the pain away. "It's fine" my voice got uncharacteristically high. She chuckled and handed me my binder.

We walked side to side as we made it to our first period. Luckily we both had French 1 class which was ironic since I was almost highly fluent with having the whole other side of my family who speaks French. I was bound to pick up something but I don't speak it as fluently as I can in school since I didn't want to get switched out to Spanish.

It was an easy A honestly.

"How are you so good at this? It just sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo" Mya asked me as threw her pencil down irritatedly. I chuckled, "it's pretty easy once you pick up on it. It's similar to American if you think about it" I tried to explain to her. She pouted cutely and rolled her eyes, pulling out her phone to fix her lashes.

Class started and unfortunately, we had to do a project for the end of the semester. Thankfully we got to choose our partners and I immediately turned to Mya who had a smile on her face.

"You wanna be my partner?" I asked her and she nodded, "of course" she told me. "Where and when do you want to start it? I would say after school but don't you have practice?" She asked me. I nodded, "yep, don't the cheerleaders have practice too?" I asked, standing up to gather my belongings as the bell rung. "Yeah but it's not an actual practice. It's really just a meeting. I will have to stay after school anyway for my ride" she told me as we walked towards the back of the school.