Chapter 2

Ten minutes later we were all sitting in the auditorium waiting for someone to say something. Though students all around were panicking. Including me even though I tried not to show it, I was scared too.

The whole crowd silenced once the principal walked up on stage. Which was pretty abnormal because it takes a lot to quiet down this crowd.

"Students", he began speaking, "Everything you heard a few minutes before is true, you've got the reason and all the answers for why we're doing this".

"No way", someone spoke up, "There's no way I agree to this, and the same goes for my parents".

"You and you're parents have no choice or say in this", the principal said, "The orders are not just for your school or city, it's for everyone so everybody".

I looked at Lana who was next to me and looked scared, "Don't worry", I assured her.

"How can not?", Anika gulped, "It's either life or death and to survive we gotta kill our friends".

Hearing her say, it sounded way more serious and scary. I turned back towards the stage and I saw a few military people walk up onstage.

"They'll teach you how to assemble and disassemble a gun and how to maintain your aim, the game will start tomorrow at 6.00 am", he walked off the stage as if he just announced something simple.

The platoon leader walked towards the podium with the microphone, "Grades 9 and 10 assemble in the cafeteria, 11 and 12 remain here".

Since we were in the 10th grade we stood up and walked down to the cafeteria. There were already about 10 soldiers and there were crates near their feet.

In total, there were more than 680 students In Grades 9 and 10 and more than 2000 in the whole of high school and all of us will be participating in this "game".

"Attention", one of the soldiers spoke and everybody looked his way, "You all will be given a rifle, a pistol,l and a knife each. A supply of bullets will be given to you before the. start of each day and we will show you how to use them

●●●●●●●

It was 8.00 pm when we got a break to eat. And by 9.00 pm we had to get back to the training. I learned how to load a gun and how to shoot ok, but I still didn't want to do it.

Kalena sighed, "All of us are not in the same class".

"But we're not gonna harm each other right?", Ayla looked up.

"Of course not", I replied, "We might not be allowed to protect each other but let's not harm each other".

"Agreed", Blair smiled slightly.

●●●●●●●

11.00 pm. We were finally done and we returned to our classrooms. I sat down on a chair leaning my head against the wall. I was tired. We all were. But we were worried too.

"Guys we gotta talk", I heard Ivana say, "We're not gonna listen to them and do this right?".

Honestly, I don't like Ivana at all. But right now she has a point.

"She has a point," Leia said and I looked up.

None of us like her so I'm surprised that Leia admitted out loud.

"What can we do", Aven rolled his eyes, "You all heard the rules and I don't want to die".

"I didn't mean it like that", Ivana looked at Aven but he shrugged.

"It's what's gonna happen", he stood up and walked out of the classroom.

His two close friends Ceron and Nevan followed him.

"OK doesn't matter if he doesn't want to do it", Ivana turned back to the rest of us.

"What Aven said makes sense", I spoke, "We'll all end up dying if we don't do as they say".

We heard an announcement from the speakers again, "Students are allowed to rest now and wake up tomorrow at 4.00 am. At 6.00 am the game will start".

"Guys we aren't-", Ivana started again

Someone turned off the lights in our classroom just to stop her from talking any longer. I rested my head on my desk, Lana did the same next to me.

"Sleep", a soldier had appeared at our entrance of the class, "Tomorrow will be rough.

So we listened since we had no other option.