Chapter 10

The four of us were standing in front of Lieutenant Lance, in a 3rd-grade classroom and he looked mad. He was the person in charge of the 10th grade. He was standing behind the teacher's desk and us standing in front of us.

"Do you know how much trouble you'll are in!", he yelled slamming his hands down on the table and I flinched.

"All four of you won't get away".

"Wh-what will happen to us", Lieutenant Lance?", Anika asked.

"That'll be decided by morning, now you'll go back to your classrooms", he said.

●●●●●●●

It was morning and I was with Anika in the cafeteria. We have no idea what they'll do to us. Lieutenant Lance walked up to us.

"Come to the office", he told us.

Our friends glanced at us worried as we followed him. As we entered the office we saw all the Lieutenants there along with Aven and Miles.

"Punishments for not following rules are severe", Lieutenant Ewan said, he was in charge of the 11th graders, "And we have come up with one".

"The game starts in another 45 minutes and your punishment starts by then".

5 minutes before the game we were standing in the middle of the basketball court.

"Kneel", Lieutenant Lance told us.

"What why?!", Miles asked.

"Do it", he continued and we listened.

Lieutenant Ewan stood behind Aven first took his arms behind his back and handcuffed him.

"What the hell is this for!?", Aven yelled shaking Lieutenant Lance off.

"Your punishment", he continued taking my arms and handcuffed me too.

"The game starts in 5 minutes", Anika spoke as he did the same to her.

"Exactly", the last was Miles, "You four would stay here, during the game, whether you'll get hurt or not, it's not our fault, it's yours".

"What!?", Anika yelled shocked as we all were, "You can't do that".

"We most certainly can", and with that Lieutenant Lance and Ewan left us.

"How. Can. We. Remove this", Aven grunted struggling against the cuffs.

I tried pulling my wrists apart from each other but of course, it was useless. As the alarm sounded, I heard footsteps and people crowding around.

Some were shocked to see us, and some didn't care. I searched for anyone I was close friends with so that they would help me out. But I couldn't find anyone.

I looked at Anika who had her eyes shut tightly, her head hung low. Tears were running down her face. I wanted to cover my ears but that wasn't an option.

A girl ran past us but got shot, the bullet missed me by inches. She fell to the ground in front of Miles. I looked at her on the ground, coughing up blood and the shocked look on Mile's face.

"Shit", Aven cursed lowering his head as a knife flew in our direction.

As we were struggling I saw someone running towards us. It was Kent.

"I found the keys", he said kneeling behind Aven first and unlocking his cuffs and he continued to do it to the rest of us.

We ran off the basketball court toward the office and saw Privateer Evan watching us, "I'm glad you'll get away", he said with no expression on his face and walked away.

That was honestly surprising to hear. And we thought for sure that he would be mad at us.

"Thanks", Aven spoke to Kent and then turned to us, "Come on we need to get our weapons".

We ran in the opposite direction to our classrooms. But there were soldiers stationed near the stairs.

"Let's use the fire exit", Miles said and ran in that direction.

The fire exit stairs were closed.

"What are we gonna do now?", Anika asked.

Miles and Aven shared a look and then the two of them slammed their bodies onto the door. It didn't work but on their third try the door broke and fell.

"Come on", I said running up the stairs with the others behind me.

We entered the floor which our classrooms were on and ran to ours. As we were grabbing our stuff, Miles in the next classroom, saw someone enter the classroom. It was Kevin and he pointed his gun at Aven.

"Shit", Aven realized that his gun wasn't loaded.

But before Kevin could pull the trigger someone tackled him to the ground.

"Run!", Nevan yelled as he struggled to keep Kevin down.

Aven signaled us to follow him and when the three of us ran out to where Miles was at.

Gunshots rang through the air and we heard Nevan's screams as Miles and Aven dragged us into the boy's washroom locking us in there.

We heard footsteps, probably of Kevin looking for Aven and Miles made sure that we made no noise until he walked past us.

And even after he did. No one said anything. We all stood in silence and I glanced at Aven who had a guilty look on his face. Because of Nevan, I knew.