Chapter 7

Raelynn's P.O.V

The alarm sounded, and I stopped running. The gunshots stopped, but the screams of people continued. I looked down from the 3rd floor of the elementary school building at the basketball court. There was blood, abandoned weapons, and people on the ground.

●●●●

I entered my class and was glad to see Lana sitting on a chair biting her nails.

"Oh my God!", she yelled as I stopped in front of her, "I couldn't find you, I was so scared!".

"Yeah," I sat down next to her, "Are you ok?".

She nodded and pointed at the knife wound, "How are you ok?".

"It isn't deep," I told her as I saw Anika and Leia enter the class.

"You two ok," I asked them.

Anika nodded, sitting in front of me and letting out a deep breath and Leia followed her, sitting down.

"Anyone of you'll saw Miles?", Aven asked.

"No", I shook my head.

"He's not in his class or the restrooms either", Aven sighed, "If you'll see him, tell me". He left the classroom.

●●●●●

We just ate dinner and I was walking out of the washroom when I met Ayla.

"Is Kalena and Blair alright?", I asked.

"I met Kalena but not Blair", she replied, "What about Leia, Anika, and Lana?".

"They're fine too", I replied and she looked down at the wet PE shirt I was holding.

"What happened?", she asked.

"Oh", I looked down at it, "Knife wound, I had to wash off the blood".

"Is it deep?", she asked.

"Nah", I said, "I'll see you later".

●●●●

A scream and a gunshot woke me up. I sat up in my seat blinked and checked my watch, only 11.00 pm. Other people in the class looked like they just woke up and they were looking around too.

"What was that?", Anika asked.

"A gunshot", Noah replied standing up.

"Someone screamed too", Anika added.

He turned on the lights in the classroom and I saw the lights in the hallway turn on too.

I stood up along with Anika and a couple of other people and walked towards the entrance of our class. People were rushing down the stairs too.

"I'm gonna go", Noah said running out of the class.

Aven went after him and Ceron and Nevan followed him.

"Should we go too?", Leia asked.

"Let's go", I said and left the classroom with Leia, Anika, and Lana.

We ran down the stairs to the pathway leading to another one of the buildings. Students were gathered around something in the middle of the path.

I tried pushing my way forward and finally got a look at what it was. It was Divya. Or Divya's body. Her body was lying in the middle of the ground, blood flowing out of her head and her pistol next to her.

More footsteps were heard and we were pushed away. Soldiers stood in front of us looking down at Divya's body.

"Did she jump or shoot herself?", I heard someone say and Lieutenant Lance bent down.

"There are no bullet holes", he said after a second, "She must've jumped and the gun might have fired".

"Why would she jump?", Private Ewan asked.

"Maybe because of the game", I heard a voice say.

"We'll end up dying in the game anyway", someone else said.

"She couldn't have jumped Lieutenant", Private Ewen said kneeling, "And there's a bullet wound on her arm".

"The wounds not bleeding, probably from today morning", Lieutenant Lance said.

"But I don't think-", Private Ewan got cut off by Lieutenant Lance.

"Come on, let's take the body", Lieutenant Lance stood up signaling over the other soldiers.

"All of you'll back to your classes!", he yelled and we listened.

●●●●●

"I'm sure she didn't jump", it Noah talking the next morning.

That's what woke me up.

"Divya wouldn't want to die", Ceron said, "I know that much".

"You know her?", Nevan asked.

It was 4.30 am. They were standing at the back of the classroom and they didn't notice me awake yet.

"Not exactly", Ceron shrugged, "Was in the same class in like the 7th grade, she didn't seem like the type to kill herself".

"How would we know", Aven walked in, he had his phone in his hand and I then remembered before all of this started our phones were in our backpacks which we didn't have right now.

I sat up when I realized and the guys looked at me, "You're awake", Greg said, "Did you come downstairs last night".

"Of course I did", I said standing up and pointing at Aven's phone, "I can't find my backpack. How do you have it?".

"All of them are in the office", he replied, "The soldiers and everyone was sleeping".

"Why did they take our phones?", Ceron asked.

"So that we couldn't call anyway", I guess Noah spoke, "But now that Aven has his phone, I have an idea".

"What's up?", Aven asked.

"We should ask everyone to film a video, telling how they feel about it", Noah continued, "So if anyone dies there's something to remember them by".

"I've got only 50% of battery left", Aven shrugged.

"Then we should hurry", Noah said, "I guess we need privacy?".

"We do", I agreed.

"Go to the restroom and film it", Aven said, "We won't watch it until something happens".

Aven went first, next it was Noah. Fifteen minutes passed and it was my turn, by that time Anika was awake too.

"Don't make it too long", Noah handed me the phone.

Standing in the washroom I switched on Aven's phone. I opened the camera, held it up, and hit record.

"Hi, it's me", I started, "I don't what to say....I hope none of my friends get harmed. Since nobody will be watching this until happens... Most importantly...., I think I....I lik-", I abruptly stopped the video as a girl walked in.

She gave me a weird look so I turned off the phone and ran back to class. Aven took the phone from me. "Who's next?, he asked.