Chapter 11

"We should go in there", Anika told Miles but he stopped her.

"Wait a little".

We heard footsteps and Aven pressed his body against the door to prevent anyone from opening it. The footsteps got closer and Kevin was trying his best to open the door.

"There's a window over the sink, go!", Aven yelled.

"You?", I asked.

"I'll hold the door", he answered but Miles grabbed the handle of the door.

"We'll block the door using something here".

I turned around and searched but found nothing.

"Shit, there's nothing", I turned back but found Aven and Miles relaxed.

"I guess he left", Miles shrugged.

"Probably", Anika stood next to me.

But then the door burst open and Aven and Miles fell to the ground. Kevin pointed the gun at Aven but Miles stood up fast, grabbed Aven by the collar of his shirt, and pulled him up.

I pulled out my gun and shot Kevin's leg. He yelled, cursing at me, and fell to the ground. Miles broke into a run, the rest of us following him. But as we exited the restroom, Aven turned around and Kevin managed to shoot him. It hit him, the side of his torso.

He yelled crouching over in pain.

"Oh shit", Miles cursed grabbing Aven's shirt to keep him upright and put an arm around his shoulders pulling him up.

"Take him in there!", I yelled pointing at the nearest classroom and Anika went to help Miles.

I turned towards Kevin again who was crawling his way out of the restroom, a smug look on his face. The anger I felt at this moment is unexplainable. I grabbed a chair nearby and threw it at him.

Kevin yelled as it fell onto him in full force. I could've done more but I couldn't give a shit about him right now. I ran into the classroom where Miles, Aven, and Anika were and I shut the door.

Aven was breathing heavily and Anika was pressing a piece of cloth onto the bleeding wound.

"Raelynn!", Miles said panicked, "Go to the nurse's room and get some bandages and disinfectant or something!", I saw him kneel, holding a knife as I ran out.

Running down the fire exit, my gun clutched tightly I bumped straight into someone.

"Ayla. I need help", I panted grabbing her by her arm.

Someone appeared behind her, he's a junior, I was sure.

"What's going on?", he asked.

"I need to get to the nurse's room, cover me", I explained quickly.

"Declan, I'll go with her?", Ayla asked but this guy, Declan said they both should. He's older than us, by a year I suppose

"Stay here", he told her and turned to me, "Come on then".

He stood in front of me and Ayla behind me. We had to run across the cafeteria to get to the nurse's room and it was pretty hard. When we reached the door it wouldn't open

"Shit", I cursed trying my best to push the door open, "It's locked from the inside".

"What are we gonna do now?", Ayla asked.

"Let's go if it won't open", Declan answered.

"I can't", I replied, "Move back".

"Wait why-", Ayla was cut off as I hit the glass square on the door, from which we could see the inside.