Chapter 4

Raelynn's P.O.V

We reached the door to the staircase and I hoped for it to be unlocked but it wasn't. I banged my hand on it a couple of times, trying to open it.

"Open it!", I yelled hoping that if Aven or Miles were in there, they would listen.

There was no answer. I turned to see a girl less than five feet away, holding a gun and aiming in our direction. I aimed mine too though unexpectedly she put hers down, "Shoot me".

"What?!", I asked shocked.

"Kill me", she was crying, "I can't do this".

I turned back to the door and banged my fist against it.

"It'll be fine", Lana told the girl, "It'll-", blood splattered over us.

She shot herself. Her lifeless body fell to the ground and her grip on the gun loosened.

Lana screamed backing away. I realized that Miles and Aven probably weren't in here and if they were they were bastards for not opening the door.

●●●●●

5.59 pm. Another gunshot as Lana and I ducked. Even though it probably wasn't aimed at us. And then the ear-splitting alarm rang. Everyone stopped what they were doing as an announcement came on, "Everybody please proceed to your classrooms. Day 1 of the game of over".

I looked around as people relaxed, weapons were dropped, and people kneeled on the ground. Lana sat down in the middle of the basketball court. So did I. We were exhausted and scared.

Soldiers walked onto the court, "All you of you'll! To your classes! Go!".

I practically dragged Lana up the stairs with me. It was pretty crowded but not much as it was this morning. People weren't rushing like this morning.

We reached our floor and walked to our classroom. As we entered it I looked for Anika and Leia. I didn't see them and I was starting to get worried.

"Thank God!", I heard and turned around to see Anika.

She wrapped me in a hug.

"I was scared", she spoke, she was on the verge of tears.

Anika is a pretty sensitive person and this would definitely make her cry. The soldiers entered our class and made all of us sit.

"You'll did better than what we expected on your first day", Lieutenant Lance said, "Any weapons that you'll have lost will be returned to your classroom by tomorrow morning".

With that, the soldiers left. We had an hour and a half till we had to go down for dinner so Anika, Leia, Lana and I went to the restroom.

The four of us were the only people there. I walked up to a mirror and looked in it. There was dried blood on my face. I saw the reflection of my friends in it too. We all had bloodied faces. It was disgusting to look at.

Ayla P.O.V

I heard the alarm sound after many hours of sitting here in a stall. I tried standing up but I couldn't. I lifted the pants and checked the bandage. It was wrapped well but it still hurt.

"Are you still here!", I heard someone yell.

I immediately recognized Declan's voice.

"Yeah!", I yelled back.

I struggled but managed to unlock the door. He noticed me and crouched down.

"Does it still hurt?", he asked and I nodded.

"It's over for today", he spoke holding out his hand, "Come on, I'll take you up".

I stood up holding onto his hand and winced due to the pain. But Declan held me in place and walked with me towards the elevator.

"What's your name anyway?", he asked after he pressed the button for the elevator.

"Ayla", I told him.

He nodded.

Once I reached my classroom he had to leave.

"Meet me when you come to eat ok", he gave me a slight smile and ran down the stairs.

I caught myself smiling after him until a classmate of mine dragged me into the classroom.