Meanwhile in the TARDIS - Deleted Scene from Chapter 10 (Blast from the Past)

Elise was in her room when there was a knock on her door.

Martha opened the door. "Can I come in?"

Elise nodded.

Martha looked around Elise's room. "So this is your room?" There were bookshelves lining the walls and a reading corner with a large armchair.

Elise laughed. "Well, one of them. This is the one the TARDIS created for me after my regeneration."

"Regeneration?"

"Timelord's have a way of cheating death called regeneration. We become another person." Elise picked up a picture of her first body. "This used to be me."

Martha looked at the picture of a teenage girl with brown curls and blue eyes. There was a smudge of paint under her eye and she was smiling next to a man wearing a tweed jacket and red bow-tie. "Who's the guy?"

"That's my father." Elise watched the gears in Martha's head turn.

"That's the Doctor?"

Elise laughed. "Yes. In the future. This is the Doctor that raised me."

"What's he like?"

Elise smiled wistfully. "The best man I ever knew. We had so many adventures together. But..." Elise ran her thumb over the Doctor's face.

"I know that look. What happened?"

Elise sighed and she set the picture down. "He...he regenerated. It's like...like everything changed. He wasn't affectionate towards me anymore and we were getting better...and then I got sent here." Elise felt a tremendous weight lift off her chest.

It felt nice to talk to someone and not have to lie.

"You said the Doctor was your adoptive father?" Martha asked.

"The Doctor found me on my own when I was child. I had been abandoned by my parents and he took me in. He raised me, along with our friends Amy and Rory."

"You didn't have a mum?"

Elise shrugged. The closest thing I had to a mother was River. She was the daughter of Amy and Rory who was taken by a secret society and raised to kill my father."

"I'm sorry. What?"

Elise laughed. "Yeah. It's a bit complicated."

Martha laughed. "I'll say."

There was a knock at the door.

The Doctor poked his head in. "What are you two doing?"

"Nosy," Elise told him.

"We were just talking girly things," Martha said.

"Well come on. I've picked out our next adventure," he said, "Come on. Come on."