Deleted Scene from "Day of the Moon"

A/N - This takes place prior to Elise going to New York with River.

"Ellie, you're going to go with River," the Doctor said.

Elise turned to her father and shook her head. "What? No. I wanna stay with you."

The Doctor sighed. "You can't." He knelt in front of her. This would hurt him more than it would hurt her. At least she'd be with someone she knew and could keep her safe. But whenever she was away from him, he felt like part of himself was missing. "It'll only be a few months."

This would be the longest time they had ever been apart.

Elise wrapped her arms around his neck and set her temple on his.

The Doctor was hit with a wave of sadness and he had to squeeze his eyes shut to stop the tears. Elise felt everything so strongly.

"Elise..." River said. She put her hand on Elise's shoulder. "Sweetie."

The Doctor pulled away from Elise and wiped her tears with the cuff of his jacket. "Be a good girl for mummy, okay? Do everything you're told."

Elise nodded and sniffled as she wiped her eyes.

"Hey. It'll be over before you know it. After this is all over, we'll go somewhere. Just me and you, okay?" The Doctor kissed her forehead before she stepped out of the TARDIS with River. As he put the TARDIS in flight, he couldn't help but feel like he was leaving one of his hearts with her.