Angel

Summary: Elise and the Doctor find themselves on a planet of 'angels'.

A/N - This was another request on my Tumblr that does not affect the canon of the story.

Elise and the Doctor left the TARDIS.

They had landed in some type of forest.

"Um, are we supposed to be here?" Elise asked.

"Well the TARDIS said we landed in the correct place. There should be a temple around here somewhere".

"Are you sure we're in the right time?"

"Where's the fun in that?"

Elise rolled her eyes. It was honestly a miracle he'd made it this far and was still alive.

They started walking and eventually came to a clearing with a like.

Someone was swimming in the lake.

"Excuse me?" the Doctor asked.

The person swam closer to them and they realized it was a woman.

She had blonde hair, nearly platinum, and her eyes were a bright blue. It almost looked like they were glowing. "Hello!" she said. Her voice was high pitched and airy.

"Hello, we were wondering if this was Anheliv?" the Doctor asked.

The woman climbed out of the water, revealing the long white gown she was wearing that was now clinging to her bod. She also had feathery white wings on her back.

"So where exactly are we?" Elise asked, "You didn't really explain".

"We're on Anheliv, which roughly translate to Planet of the Angels".

"So she's an angel?" Elise asked.

"Not exactly. Everything in human history or culture came from somewhere. What's more likely is that some of them found their way to earth and they became what humans now think of as angels".

"What are you?" the woman asked.

"We're Timelords", the Doctor said.

"Timelords? I thought they were a myth".

The Doctor's mouth dropped open in surprise. "A myth?"

"What's your name?" Elsie asked the woman.

"Inger".

"Is there a temple around here somewhere, Inger?" the Doctor asked.

Inger nodded and motioned for them to follow her.

"Do you have any shoes you can put on?" the Doctor asked Inger, worried about her feet getting cut up.

Inger shrugged. "I prefer to feel the ground beneath my feet".

As they walked, Elise reached out and stroked one of Inger's wings.

Inger lifted her wing and tickled Elise's nose with the tip. Elise laughed.

When they came upon the temple, the Doctor noticed it was covered in vines and shrubbery. "What happened?" he asked.

"The temple has been abandoned for hundreds of years", Inger said.

They entered the temple and Inger walked up to the altar. She snapped and a small flame appeared on the tip of her finger. She lit a candle and whispered a quick prayer. "Our people stopped worshiping the gods three hundred years ago, but I come here sometimes on my own. Sometimes I pray, other time I just sit here in silence. But mostly I just tell them about my day." Inger looked over at Elise and the Doctor. "You think I'm crazy".

"What? No, we don't", Elise told her.

"It's okay. Most people think I am. I don't mind it".

Elise sat down on the bench next to her. "We all need something to believe in sometimes. Otherwise, what's the point in living?"

"What do you believe in?"

Elise looked over at the Doctor. She'd never believed in anything. Not even when she lived with her real mother and father on Gallifrey. But if there was one thing she believed in, it was the Doctor.

After visiting the temple and learning more about Inger and her people (and sketching the temple along with several of its sculptures), Elise and the Doctor started to walk back to the TARDIS.

"Would you like to travel with us?" the Doctor asked Inger.

"Travel with you?"

"You don't fit in here. We know what that's like."

"But...but I can't just leave my family".

The Doctor patted the door of the TARDIS. "See, the great thing about this police box, is that she's a spaceship and a time machine. We can leave now and travel for hundreds of years and drop you off five minutes from now."

"With my help, of course", Elise added. Elise was just learning how to fly the TARDIS and already she'd landed her with the upmost precision.

"But why?" Inger asked.

"I never know why, I only know who", the Doctor said, "Step inside these doors and have your eyes opened to all the wonders around you." The Doctor opened the door to the TARDIS and Inger entered, the Doctor and Elise following.

"This is amazing!" she said spinning around.

"Next stop, the universe!" the Doctor said, throwing a lever, "Geronimo!"

Inger giggled as she was thrown to the floor as the TARDIS took off.

The Doctor smiled seeing her enjoy herself. She would be the perfect companion for himself and Elise. He could tell.