Chapter 2: Misao's Oppa

Misao had been involved in stressful affairs since her last meeting with Ibuki at the restaurant, which had ended on a bitter note. It had been two weeks since then, and Misao had mainly forgotten about Ibuki. Her school was bracing up for its annual festival, and the three lazy members of the art club had now become the ex-members of the club. Now, only she and Yunho had to cooperate with the history club and put up a historical play for the festival. With the event inching closer, the pressure on Misao had mounted, finally reaching its peak as she yelled at the arguing club members.

"Enough!" her voice echoed through the room, and the history club members went silent. They were a bunch of bureaucrats and loved debating unnecessary things.

"The festival is coming soon, and we haven't developed a substantial idea. I will call it for today, but you all better come up with something by tomorrow! Okay?!" Misao growled.

The 'bureaucrats' nodded and left the room silently. After they left, Youra came in and saw Misao still raging with anger.

"Woah! Chill, relax. Everything will fall into place," Youra tried to calm Misao. "My science club hasn't come with anything yet. I don't know what their obsession is with aliens."

"Youra, you are not helping. Being the class president, I need to make sure how my class is doing for the event," Misao sat down to relax. She was drained by the work and needed a break. But she could not afford to have one at this point.

To refresh Misao's mind, Youra took her for a walk at a nearby park. When the school ended, the two went for a stroll. As they were walking, Misao caught sight of Ibuki. He was being beaten up by some boys. He was on the ground while the boys were aggressively kicking him. She froze to confirm her doubts, and when she was sure she had seen Ibuki, she ran to help him. She demanded the boys leave him, but they refused, saying that he had borrowed money from them and hadn't returned it yet.

Misao paused to think. She looked down at Ibuki, who was aching in pain. She looked at him pitifully. She asked the boys to leave again, but they were adamant about taking the money. They insisted that they would beat Ibuki until he returned their money.

To make the boys stop assaulting Ibuki, Misao reached out to her pockets for whatever money she had and asked the boys how much Ibuki owed them. They told her the amount, and she paid, asking them to leave him alone. The boys took the money and left.

Once the boys were gone, Misao turned to Ibuki with disappointment. She looked at him as he lay on the ground with rage-filled her eyes. Her lips pulled tight, and she glanced over Ibuki before returning to Youra, who was witnessing all this without any clue.

"Do you know him?" she asked, confused.

"I wish I didn't," Misao turned to leave, grabbing Youra's arm.

Ibuki lay on the ground, too weak to get up, but somehow managed to help himself. As the girls walked away, he called from behind, "Wait!"

Misao turned around sharply, "What do you want?!"

Ibuki panted, "Why? Why did you?"

Misao responded furiously, "I don't know! Maybe I shouldn't have! Because you don't deserve it. You didn't even deserve to be rescued by me."

Ibuki stood as if torpid as Misao continued shouting at him, "You are worth nothing. I thought, but never mind what I thought. Just leave and don't think of paying me back."

Ibuki tried saying something but had nothing on his mind. He was feeling blank.

"Your father and mother work so hard to keep you up financially. But you are here borrowing money from other people. What a shame?!" Misao was infuriated by Ibuki's action.