Chapter 31: A new beginning

Maki ran to her brother, sobbing in grief and in joy. Ibuki hugged his sister, his only family and promised to never leave her alone and disappear. He kissed her cheeks and said, "I missed you, my sister. My lovely, strong little angel."

Maki smiled, with tears still in her eyes, and kissed her brother back, "I missed you too, Oppa."

Seo-Yun and Heechul also hugged Ibuki, giving more love to heal from the pain. Seo-Yun had prepared a special dinner for him to welcome him. Ibuki had never so much love given to him ever before. Maybe all he needed to heal was all this love and for him to understand that there was love, to never doubt it and abandon it.

The smell of homecooked food, the joy of reunion and the love that he now shared with a family he knew nothing about till about two years ago. He sat eating with them and laughing with them. Misao shared the stories of the old German lady she had befriended. Maki told her time at school with her friends. Then the conversation turned to Rui and Lisa's marriage, and Misao suggested that it better happen while she was there. At the end of the dinner, Seo-Yun and Heechul brought a cake in front of Ibuki, on which was written: "Happy Birthday Ibuki."

Everyone wished him, and he blew the candles. His wish was to live with this happiness forever. After the cake was cut, and the birthday celebrated Misao took Ibuki out for a walk. Ibuki hadn't felt the fresh air in a long time, being stuck in the facility with the air of nothing but death and pain.

Misao held his hand as they walked in her small garden.

"You finally in Germany?" Ibuki asked.

"Yes."

"How is it there?"

"Beautiful."

Ibuki smiled, "More beautiful than here?"

"No."

Misao stopped and turned face to face with Ibuki. She looked him in the eyes. His eyes were gleaming.

Misao sighed and, placing her arms around Ibuki, hugged him.

"I am sorry," Ibuki said.

"Sorry?"

"For disappearing like this or at least causing the events to turn like this."

"You don't have to be sorry. And I know better now how I feel about you."

Ibuki put his hand on Misao's head and leaned onto it.

"I like you, Ibuki."

Ibuki said nothing.

Misao waited for a response, but it did not come. She spoke, "Ibuki?"

"I heard you. I just... I want to stay silent. Feel this moment. Let my pain leave me. Let the last of my demons die."

So, Misao remained silent, still hugging Ibuki while he stood leaning on her head.

Except for Ibuki and a few other captives, the police questioned everyone. They had now contacted the police in Germany to arrest Yun-Ji and send her back to Seoul, where the law would deal with her. It came as a shock to Uno when he found that his mother was the one behind Ibuki's disappearance. He was devastated.

Uno stood frozen as the police took his mother away. She had given up and admitted to her deeds. She had no chance of lying. Uno was left alone and his last resort was to head back to France to his paternal family. So he left Germany two days after his mother was arrested and sent back to Seoul.

He contacted Sungmin about the details, and he assured him that none of what had happened would affect him. Uno trusted his uncle and finally let go off of what had happened.