14. Stay.. Don't.. Go..

Rowan's POV

I woke up to the sound of the movie playing on the TV, and I checked the time and it was 4:43am, I stretched my body and yarns on the couch trying not to wake or touch the others that are sleeping then I turned to my left, i didn't see Tyler, I started looking around to try and spot him but I didn't but instead I saw Kyle and Evelyn holding each other tight like the world is about to end.

I jumped from the couch to the ground and creeped upstairs to look for him, and I opened his room door as the cold air filled my face but I didn't see him I the room.

Where could he be?...

I closed the door and was going back to the living room before I heard noises in ceiling I looked up and saw that their attic light was on then I dragged the rope as the ceiling door opened releasing the ladder and when it was down, I climbed up slowly, then as my head reached inside the attic, I looked around to check if it was Tyler, and there he was, sitting down with a flashlight in his hand looking at some pictures.

"Tyler". I called his name and he turned to me with shock on his face.

"Rowan, what are doing here?". He asked me.

"I should be asking you the same thing". I climbed up the ladder, entered the attic and crawled to him. "So what are you doing here, alone?". I asked, sitting in front of him.

"I couldn't sleep, because I spent almost sleeping 5 hours before you guys came yesterday". He explained.

"Oh.. been there". I said trying to relate with him.

"And since I couldn't sleep, I decided to come here and look at some old pictures of my family so I'll get tired, go back to my room and sleep off.

"So are you feeling sleepy?". I asked.

"Nope, I guess I'll just stay awake for now". He dropped the pictures in his hand, and there was silence between us before I spoke up.

"Should I go back down? I don't wanna keep you awake".

"If you want to". My brain was replaying what he just said.

"Oh, okay". With a bit of sadness on my face I turned back to leave the attic.

"No Row wait". He said softly grabbing my hand and dragging my body to his and I landed on top him as both of our faces were a inch close to each other, and I felt his warm breathe on my face. "Stay.. Don't.. Go.. ". He said with his shaky voice looking directly at my eyes.

"If you don't want me to". I said and he smiled and I got off his body and sat in front of him. "That was kinda awkward". I said and we both chuckled.

"But to be sincere, I didn't think it was awkward". I felt my heartbeat twice as fast as a dog, just saying.

"Oh" Was all I said. "So what should we do now?". I asked him.

"I really don't know Row, how about we just go back to my room.

After that we came down and out of the attic and after closing it, we went to his room and as I entered the room which was cold as if we were on top of Mount Everest and him behind me, he closed the door.

"Gosh, it's fucking cold in here". He said.

"Should I turn off the AC?". I asked him.

"If you want to". He replied within a second and climbed his bed.

"OK". I carried the AC remote and switched it off, and sat on the chair next to the bed. "So are you feeling tired now?".

"I guess". He coughed.

"You okay?". I touched his chest showing concern, I guess.

"Yeah, I'm good, i've been wondering why the cough hasn't come since". He smiled.

"Okay". I removed my hand.

"I really hate being sick, it's so depressing". He said and groaned. "What's time please?". He said and looked at me as I carried my phone.

"OK, time is um.. 5:27am".

"Oh shit, they are gonna soon wake up and I didn't get to sleep". He said and yarns.

"Well, you are feeling sleepy now, and they are not gonna wake you up because they know you need rest".

"You are right". He pulled the sheet to his body.

"OK, see you when you wake up then". I was about to stand up when he held my hand again.

"Wait, stay, don't go". He said again, like what kind of 'deja vu' shit is this, Tyler?.

"I should stay with you?". I asked him.

"If you want to". He said and I groaned.

"Tyler, what is with you and those 4 words today, did you take something?". I said and smiled.

"Yeah it must be the drugs my mother told me to take". He said.

"Oh, okay then, See you when you wake up". I walked to the door and switched of the lights before walking out the room and closing the door behind me.

Tyler was just acting weird this past hour, I'm sure he took something or he was the one acting like that all by himself.

But I can't still stop thinking about how close our faces were, my heart skips just thinking about it and I still remember his warm breathe on my face, his emerald eyes staring deep into my soul, it was like a wattpad novel come to life.