21. The News Drops(pt.2)

Tyler's POV

I walked downstairs as every step i take makes me more nervous, i don' know what would happen but it will be for the best, at least they'll know about my sexuality.

I was now in the living as i saw my mom sitting next to dad with her head on his shoulder as they were both watching a romantic and comedy movie... Ugh.

But they are happy, for now.

I approached them as i swallowed my spit, breathe in and out.

"Mom.. Dad." I said as both of them looked at me. "I would like to talk to the um.. to the both of you."

"Okay, uh." My dad didn't know what to say.

"Uh, yeah yeah." Mom completed it for him as he reduced the TV volume.

"Okay." I sat on the three seat couch at their right. "So i know you must be um, wondering why i wanted to talk with you guys." I said as both of them nodded.

"Huh, well i just wanted to thank you guys, for everything i am really grateful for what you've done for me, it's been really hard for me since the incident and you guys were there for me and i don't even know i wanna arrange all what i'm saying well but i will say what i can."

"Don't worry, we'll understand." Mom said.

"First of all, i want to thank you guys for giving me life, some kids don't even have parents but i am so goddamn lucky to have them in front of me." I added.

"Aww." Both of them said at the same time.

"We're lucky to have a son like you, Tyler." Dad stated.

"Secondly, i thank you for being by my side in times i was struggling and depressed, i don't know if i would still be alive after that day but thank you guys for taking care of me." I said silently breathing in and out.

"Of course we'll always be by your side, if not us then who?" Mom said.

"Yeah, then lastly i want to thank you guys for allowing me to go anywhere with my friends i love, and allowing me do and travel and hang out and literally the rest, thank you so much."

"Your welcome". Dad said rubbing my leg.

"Ok, now the main reason i came here to talk to you guys was to tell y'all that i found love and in a relationship." I said as my mom and dad looked at each other and smiled.

"Ah, no wonder." Mom said.

"So... Who's the lucky girly?" Dad asked.

"Well, um what i'm about to say might change the way you see me, you might hate me but i will always love you guys." I said with my shaky voice which made them very confused.

"Dad... Mom... The person i'm dating is not a girl, i'm dating a guy and that guy is Rowan." I gathered all my strength to say that and i looked at them to see their reaction and when i did, i couldn't say because there was none on their face and i decided to say it.

I took a deep breathe and processed "I'm Gay" out of my mouth.

"Your what?" My dad said as he was no longer smiling including my mom. "Tyler what did you just say because i didn't hear you" he implied.

"Tyler, how can you be gay, no no no no no you can't, you can't be gay, not my son." My mom said with tears gathering her eyes as my heart immediately shattered into a billion pieces.

"I'm still the same Tyler you knew, i haven't changed." I said as tears were beginning to fill my eyes to.

"No, your not Tyler, your not my son." Dad said rubbing his face.