[IV]

[Father Figures]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie is like a toddler. That is a fact. Why he's said that?

Well, the boy had to be taught basic stuff. Like how to speak, how to dress himself, what a staircase was, or what a TV was, or what basic actually ment. It was horrible to Neilsen that a child his age..or what he thinks..has to redo or start to learn basic stuff of both survival, hygiene and care.

For the week Charlie has spend with the Figaros was something. Neilsen would help Charlie with learning the things around him, practice even saying it. It was a slow process but Charlie is a quick learning from what he's witnessed so far.

Now Alistair was a different story. Getting Charlie to focus on things were hard. He was exactly like his feline counterpart. He inspects anything, stares, chasing after the smallish things and then the best one in Alistair's opinion, pushing things off the ledge or wondering off.

He didn't know if he was dealing with a panther or a literal domestic feline. But he would agree that Charlie catches on fairly quickly, that alone he could agree on.

Now it brings them to the present time.

~~~~~~~~~

"Ok boy, let's get to business. We need wood for the fireplace and more for you to feed your stomach and gain that body fat." Alistair said as he slammed the axe into the tree stump.

Charlie flinched. He was a bit nervous even going the lengths to wanting to beg Neilsen not to let him outside.

But Alistair won with it being a "learning" experience. So he sucked up his nerves and was dressed warmly to go outside with the man.

Alistair walked out only in a top and pants, skin showing and he looked unbothered.

Charlie was concerned for him and pointed to the buff man. "C-cold?.."

Alistair looks to him and Charlie swallowed. Alistair shaken his head. "The cold is my least worries kid. Let's just say I'm immune to the cold." He winked with a fox like grin.

Charlie just stared till Alistair pulls out the axe and held it. "As I said beforehand, wood needs to be chopped. But for now I'll show you and you will pass me wood. Ok?"

Charlie looked to where he signaled. There in the corner was a good pile of old dark wood cluttering the colorless mat. Charlie nods his head at the instructions.

Alistair took that affirmation and asked for the first piece of wood. Charlie goes for it and brings it back.

"Now step back." He said.

Charlie does so without question.

Alistair placed the wood chunk onto the stomp, lifted his hands gripping the axe and ran the sharp edge right down the middle, cutting it clean.

Charlie was jumping out his skin, stepping back more.

"See?" Alistair looks to him after picking up the piece. "It's easy. Then you use this and place it in the fire to get warm." He guestured to the home.

Charlie followed the words as he showed him more. He was still jumpy everytime Alistair ran that axe right through the piece of wood. It triggered something in him to fear that item but Alistair promised him that it was safe.

Still dangerous..

"Want to try one?" He asked the dissociating child. Charlie blinked back into his body and senses and gazed up at Alistair.