[VIII]

[New Beginning]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The trip to another state. A chance for Charlie to finally leave his past behind him and take that option of freedom.

But that would come with additional changes Charlie is yet to find comfort or normality in it. For now, it was a learning experience for the young boy. The plane experience was one that Neilsen knew was going to be difficult.

The whole flying in the air thing, yeah seemed like a disaster.

For one, Charlie hated the jam packed airport, flooded with murmuring and distant muffled sounds of someone on the PDA. His head and eyes will flicker everwhere, making him dizzy and irritated.

So at one point to calm down the boy before he has a mental break down, Alistair did a smart move and bought Charlie some headphones.

He grabbed it out his bag and opened it in front of Charlie. He then snapped his finger to grab the teen's attention to which worked.

"Listen to my voice kid. See these right?" He showed the red colored headphones. Charlie nods his head. "For music?" He said, raising his hands to his ears as if to demonstrate what he meant.

Alistair nods his head and placed it on him. "Listen to this and follow us. Don't get lost or distracted." Charlie looks to the man but nods his head.

He will do his best.

Alistair nods aswell, pulling out his phone and giving it to him. "Pick a song to listen to. Come on." Charlie nods again. He gazed down at the device in his hand and scrolled. He picked a song and he flinched a bit at the beginning. But it all soothed and he was back to his old self.

~~~~~~~

No headphones can prepare Charlie for the boarding or the flying. If freak the fuck out was person, Charlie was the individual till the end of the 'T'.

He was confused, petrified and basically anything close to negative as possible. Getting him from attempting to sprint out of the metal bird, Charlie was sat in-between Alistair and Neilsen for obvious reasons.

"It's ok cub, it's short so don't fret." Neilsen patted his hand and Charlie gulped, sinking into his chair and this uncomfortable belt.

The take off was horrible, the shaking was aching but in the end, Charlie was still curious. Still interested. His fear melted when his eyes met the floating white fluff in the air.

His eyes brightened at the sight.

"Clouds..Neil are these clouds? Their so fluffy. I wonder if we can stand on them..?" His head tilted in question. Neilsen chuckled at his excitment.

"We can't stand on them but yes they are clouds. They creat the rain and snow."

Charlie eyes sparkled.

Snow and rain come from one thing. Clouds. Interesting..Oooo they make shapes!

~~~~~~~~~~

[ Later, After the Flight ]

~~~~~~~~~

They had now arrived at the states. Another place where Charlie will be living for a while. They boarded off the plane and headed to where Alistair called a pick up.

They waited, suited with wheeling creatures with handles. He hated them for the noises they made but he didn't care at this point.

He loved the sight, hated the horns and so on. Yet shy and a bit taken back by the crowds, he still caught every and everything going on.