[IX]

[Try and Fail]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The mingle and crowd of students crawled Charlie's blood with discomfort. Right now they were walking through the halls of the school, manics with balls and talking in weird ways. Even some were giving large dosages of PDA in front of him.

Ji Liang had to cover his eyes and tug him along. His heart sped up more when they bumped together, his fingers itched for a way to interfere and bite down enough to ground himself.

It's to much- I can't do this!

"Charlie we're here." Ji Liang patted his shoulder to gain his attention back. Charlie snapped his green eyes up to her then at Ji Zhou who smiled and guestured to the doors.

"Do I go alone? Please say no.."

"No we're going with you. Pops told us to follow and take care of you till you adjust." Ji Zhou reassured him gently. Ji Liang nods her head. "What he said."

Charlie looked between the twins and at the large brown door. Here goes nothing..

The doors creaked open and Ji Zhou and Ji Liang walked ahead of him. He followed right after them. There sat on a large leather chair, scanning through pages and flipping a pen was the man called a Principal.

He was in charge of the school and it's students. He had other works but Charlie didn't want to think more about it.

The man looked up from his work and gave a welcoming smile. "Liang, Zhou nice of you to come in today."

The two bowed their heads in respect and smiled. They stepped aside and Charlie was now in the spot light to his dismay. His hesitant look went to the principal.

"And you must be Charlie, am I correct?"

Charlie nods slowly. The man gotten up and walked towards the timid boy. "My name is Principal Arlington. It's a pleasure to meet you." He introduced with a fix of his coat.

Charlie only stared back in response, nodding in delay.

"I..heard your his cousins." He said that to the twins, giving Charlie time to process and take a breather. The twins nods. "He is and he'll be with us temporarily." Zi Liang spoke.

Principal Arlington hummed and nods. "I understand then. Shall we get you started Charlie?" He said, patting the chair for him to take a seat.

Charlie stared at the seat and at the principal who was now sitting and waiting for him. He moved carefully and sat down.

"I got some information from you. Your.." He flipped through the document. "17? Hm, you look younger for your age." He takes a good look at the boy. Oval eyes, cat-like, a minty green color to his eye color, round head and full cheeks. He had black curly short hair and frowning shaped lips. He looked very young for his age.

"And you live-"

"He lives with us. His... parents are busy so they left him in our father's care till they situate a problem." Ji Liang blurted out quickly. Ji Zhou side eyed his sister and nudged her.

Principal Arlington took his eyes off the twins and on Charlie. The teen fiddling again with his long sleeves and watching down, refusing to meet his eyes.