[VI]

[Safe for now]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He blinked out, a light feeling to his body as though he was dissociated from it. His dazed look inspected the area to find similarities to it.

It was the cabin. But the cabin was in shambles, plates shatter, wholes in the walls and the windows covered the floors. Fear and unease rose within the young boy's body, his senses both hearing and smell heightened to find two people in this mess.

His nose smelled it first, blood. His heart sped up and he raced to the first place he smelt it. But as he arrived, stopping before the entrance, he saw him. Neilsen. On the ground bleeding and bruised badly.

Besides him was Alistair, the man sat in the corner, holding his side as crimson red milked out of his opened wound. Tears gush down Charlie's face, the distant echos of her voice haunting him.

Your fault... See what you did... This is all your fault...

"No..No..No!"

The two people he was growing to fond, caring people, people who took him in despite his shift was now laying on the ground lifeless, just like his parents... Again he couldn't save them! Save the people who he saw as his new parents! He couldn't save them! Again!!

"Neil..Al? Papa! Appa please! I'm sorry!.."

Sorry..

Wake up...

I'm sorry, please...

Please don't go..

I need you, I need you alive!..

PLEASE!

He inhales sharply for air, body trembling like a frail deer in the cold. His mind was like a tornado, turning and going crazy with thoughts and memories all together bashing him.

He couldn't with the amount of voices and whispering in his mind, worst yet a blinding light in his eye and unknown smells wailing his alarm higher.

He frantically looked about for two people. He remembered the sight. The bloody sight. His head spun round, his body hurting and his heart raced in his chest.

But then the door opened and someone gasped. They made eye contact and the person, a female walked into the room.

Who is this? Go away. I don't know you .

"Hey it's ok, it's ok don't move."

Charlie freaked out when she touched his injured arm, he winced and hissed  at her, backing up more against the wall the bed was pushed against. She tried again to calm him down but Charlie refused and curled himself into a protective ball.

"Please I mean no harm.." He fully ignored her, only wanting to hide and not even give her chance to let his guard down towards her. She sighs but then thought of something.

Charlie heard her get up, her shoes hitting the ground and heading back out the door from where she came in from. Silence fell in the room and Charlie unraveled himself from his ball.

He wanted to find Neilsen and Alistair. Where was he even? Did they.. finally give him up..?

I'm not leaving you, now come on.

He shakes his head. Neilsen promised he won't leave him alone at all. And Alistair was protecting him throughout the entire thing. No, they won't leave him. Won't.