[XII]

[Another Chance?]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neil had arrived just as he said he would, jumping out of the taxi and gathering his things. He didn't even have time to knock or ring the bell cause Dominick opened the door with a harsh swing.

The man flinched at the sudden charge, the look on Dominick of both guilt and annoyance. For what reason he can put a few to thoughts, but not right now.

"Were you just standing there waiting?"

"You never told me you were coming here. Why when I suggested you come back you told me you can't."

"That was before. I was worried about Charlie when you called, Al gave the right away to go see him." Neilsen cleared up as he walked into the house. There he saw the twins standing there.

"Uncle what is wrong with him?"

"Better question, I thought you weren't coming?" Ji Zhou bombarded him. Being that kind person he is, the very fact that Ji Zhou was showing concern for someone he doesn't know for as long as seven months tops was both sweet and also brought worry on his part.

Charlie has and will always worry people but not on purpose. He gains people to care and he hates that they do. He things he needs to repay them or run for their safety when he is the one is grave danger.

Neilsen sighed and placed his hand in the boy's shoulders. "I know. But since you called I've been worried myself. Knowing Dominick, he doesn't know what he's up against."

"Yet you brought him here..."

Neilsen snapped his attention to his brother-in-law, his smile tight and annoyance now rubbing on him off from Dominick. "No. Your brother suggested you. I wanted nothing to do with you taking in Charlie. But we didn't have much choices. So complain to your brother. Not me." And he ended that conversation, leaving Dominick huffing and folding his arms.

Neilsen turned back to the twins. "Show me where he is." Ji Liang nods her head, Ji Zhou staying back to give his father a look. "Why are you acting like this?"

"I'm not acting anyway-"

"Yes you are. We heard your conversation. Though I didn't want to, and Charlie's situation is serious. Uncle Neil didn't have another choice." Ji Zhou straightened out, defending his uncle for the sake of Charlie.

"Do you think I don't know that?"

"Then stop being like that to Uncle Neil dad. He's only trying. Just how you are." Ji Zhou turned away and left him to think. Dominick scoffed and ruffled his own hair. He knew he was being a jerk, but he was just worried. He didn't want to endanger anyone or have Charlie die under his roof.

These kinds of things he wanted to stay away from. But he was. Right back at it even though he is on hiatus. But his son was still right. He needed to get his shit together. Try like Neilsen.

~~~~~~~~~~

The cold reality had hit Charlie in the quick flashes of dreams past flashes. Only blood, horror. Shouting and the torture he endured all came swimming into his brain to make it burn and sore.

He saw her in front of him, shouting at him, calling him those vile names, those hurtful things. It made him distraught, tossing in his inescapable sleep.

Neilsen stepped into that room to see it. His desperate whimpers, his face covered in pearls of sweat, some breaking and running down his chin and all his neck. He hated this. He didn't think he'll want to repeat how much he hated the sight of this.