[X]

[ Another Shifter ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie had it made out of a door, passing and everything and trying his best to not to collapse there and then. When he does make it outside, breathless, winded, fearing for his life, he spots the trees, high and tall and good enough for him to hide away.

He sprints without thinking twice, right under the shade of the trees mixed with snow crunching under his winter shoes.

Charlie thought he could have done it. Try to muster the courage to step out of his comfort zone and take that leap. But that leap now had him plummeting and wanting to go back home.

His heart couldn't seem to calm down and everywhere looked blurry and distorted by the mile. His brain said harsh things, whispering in his ears more and more, his chest was hurting the more he sucked in sharper breaths, the more it hurt.

It wasn't working. Why isn't it working! I want Neil and Al back!...

Charlie was losing his mind. He should have said his concerns instead of falling into this. Now look where he was. God he was such a naive idiot!

"You ok?.."

Charlie snapped his head up from his knees to chest position he had currently put himself in to hide away and seem small. It seemed to have drawn someone. The someone spoke softly to him, translucent even, barely to a whisper but he heard it as clear as day.

His hidden eyes met big red ones. A pale white skin male stood a few spaces away from him, his full amount of white hair waving at every movement he did.

"W-what do you...want..? Who..are you?"

The person was quiet and they sat in that silence for a well. Charlie didn't like this silence and felt like he shouldn't be here. So he goes to get up.

"I-Im sorry, I'll leave.." He mumbled, barely even hearable as his voice shaked. The person finally blinked and followed Charlie with his eyes.

"Hey wait!-...Sorry.." He quickly apologized when Charlie turned round with a little flinch. They stayed looking at the other. The boy spoke up again, softly.

"You..I was going to tell you your not supposed..to be here..but you seem very scared." They said out, trying to seem at ease but failing from the way his eyes were looking about. "Did, did you see me?"

Charlie wanted to say something, it may have came out rude if he didn't have bit down on his lip. Charlie shakes his head. "I didn't even..know..you were here.."

The tension bled from the white hair boy's shoulders and he released it. "Then.. I'm sorry for jumping you..Are you ok?.."

Charlie looked away, avoiding those eyes till he was spooked by the distant ringing of the bell. His breathing picked up.

He didn't want to go back in that place and go through an entire day without Ji Zhou and Ji Liang at his side. Speaking of them he didn't even know where the twins were!

Charlie curled into himself, stepping away from the school and covering his ears. He could hear the crowd of voices talking all about him, his hearing picking all that up and it distressed him.

Then he felt a hand to his side and he flinched harshly and away. Words didn't seem to come out when he saw those eyes looking down at him. The young looking boy sat down beside him, giving them both space.

"Are you hiding from someone?.."

Charlie swallowed. And looked back at the building. More he's hiding from the school and everyone in it.