Chapter Fifthteen

Rody sighed, another day another mental exhausting experience. Rody had a surprisingly bad amount of rude customers, and it just made him feel like shit.

Luckily though, Vince helped him with waiting at different tables. He didn't really do this often, but considering Rody looked like he was about to collapse, he decided to make an exception.
He made a lot of exceptions when it came to Rody.

At the end of the day, Rody was exhausted and stressed. He wasn't always stressed, but today had been overwhelming for him. The only upside of it was that Rody ran into Manon's mom, and they had a nice little chat and reconnection.
She was the only family member in Macon's family who ever liked him, all the rest thought she could have done better. They were right, but it just made Rody feel pathetic.

He really did miss Manon, but she was missing, and he had no clue if she'd ever be found.

His mind was focused on other things right now, like cleaning up and going to bed. All he really wanted to do was sleep, he didn't feel like doing anything else.

"Rody, are you alright?" Vince asked, noticing how distracted and tired Rody seemed. "Hm? I'm fine, just tired." Rody muttered, sighing softly. He was exhausted, probably for a number of reasons.
Vince sighed, and walked over to Rody. "You can head upstairs, you don't have to stay to clean up." He said, crossing his arms.

"Vince, you're letting me stay with you while I figure out how the hell to get home- the least I can do is help." Rody said, sounding a tad bit frustrated and upset.
Vince allowed him to stay with him, allowed him to sleep next to him, and allowed him to  just be around.

He owed him so much, nobody Rody ever knew would do this for him. Besides Richard, he was still on good terms with him, even if he hated anything that reminded him of college and how pathetic he was.

Vince gently grabbed the broom Rody was using to sweep, taking it away from him. "Rody, you don't have to do anything for me. I don't mind you staying with me." He said, sighing softly.
It was a lot less lonely with Rody around, and he'd honestly gotten used to him being around. He didn't really mind much anymore.

Rody whined in frustration. "But I- you shouldn't even want me around Vince, and you probably don't." He said, his arms pressed tightly against his sides.
"I'm annoying." He added, looking away from Vince with a small huff. "I won't deny that, but I do want you around." Vince said, getting Rody to glance at him for a moment.

"Why would you?" Rody asked, quietly. He genuinely wanted to know why anyone like Vince, would want him around at all.

"Because, you make things less lonely."

-

-

-

Rody laid awake in Vince's bed, while Vince was in the bathroom taking a bath. Rody kept thinking, about things that Vince had said and told him.

Did he actually like Rody? Did he genuinely care and see him as a friend? Rody didn't know.
He didn't want to believe Vince would care for him, just as a way to make it so if Vince ever left, he wouldn't feel as hurt as he knew he would.

Rody had always been left behind, it didn't matter if he did something wrong or not, one way or another he ended up alone.
Always alone, always left behind.

He didn't like being alone, but he always was. It was probably his fault, distanting himself from others, avoiding them. He did everything to keep them around, but at the same time he also did everything he could to make sure they never got too close to him.
Maybe it was his fault for being alone.

Rody sighed, sitting up. He wondered when Vince would be back, maybe he could ask him if he could take a bath. He definitely needed one.

Right as Rody was about to lay back down or do something else, Vince walked in. He'd already dried off, and was dressed nicely.
His hair was a little bit damp and messy, which was something Rody wasn't used to seeing.

Vince looked nice with messy hair, and Rody really liked it.

"You're back." Rody said, his eyes fixated onto Vince. "Yes, you didn't do anything stupid while I was gone did you?" Vince asked, walking over to Rody.
"What? No, I'm fine- I was just thinking and stuff." Rody said, a tad bit offended. He hurt himself one time while Vince was away, one time!

"About what?" Vince asked, sitting down next to Rody. "Just, stuff." Rody said, his gaze never once left Vince.
He didn't expect Vince to look so nice with messier hair.

Suddenly an image flashed through Rody's mind, one of him tugging on Vince's hair while he fucked into him.
He looked away from Vince, his face going red. Why the fuck was he thinking about this?!

"Umm- I was uhh- wondering if I could go take a bath?" Rody asked, trying to get that image out of his head. Why the hell did Vince have to be so attractive.

"Sure, you can borrow some of my clothes again." Vince said, tilting his head slightly at Rody's sudden change in mood. Why was he so flustered looking all of a sudden?
"Thanks. I just, need a way to destress." Rody said, smiling weakly. Vince could think of a few ways to help Rody destress.

Rody got up, grabbing some of Vince's clothes and heading to the bathroom. A bath would be very much appreciated, and he was extremely happy Vince was allowing him to take one in his bathtub.

Vince watched as Rody left, sighing softly. He wondered what was on Rody's mind, he wanted to know what he was thinking and feeling.

He wished he could dissect Rody, understand each and every part of his body. He didn't want to kill Rody of course, so he could probably think of a different way to understand his body.

A way he was thinking about way too often now.