Chapter 1

An: Before we start. This is part 2 of You are save with me. So go check it out if you haven't for anyone who is new. This story talks about difficult and hard topics such as (child)abuse, mental health problems, health problems, eating disorders and sexual abuse. If you find any of this triggering please do not read. I will put triggerwarnings before each chapter but just be aware that i am just a girl writing for fun and this is not professional at all. Other than that have fun.

________________

Carina opened the door of their house. She put the keys in the bowl and picked up the post that she had previously just thrown on the dresser. It was her last day off and she had used the nice weather for a walk. She still struggled to walk long distances, but to the park and back was totaly okay and with the nice July sun it was really enjoyable. She sliped out of her shoes and walked into the hallway. To the right was the staircase that led to the upper floor. Carina turned left through a small hallway framed to her left with curtains to hide the storrage and laundry room and to her right with pictures of Maya and her and their friends. Ariving in the big Living room and Kitchen she turned left to the fridge to get a cold drink. Walking through her livingroom along the swedish oven the tv and the dark blue sofa she came to the Wintergarden. It was a nice light place with a table for lots of people and they enjoyed sitting there especially when it was raining outside, which it did a lot in Seattle even in July. Carina turned right to get onto the front porch. She sat down in one of the loungers. She sipped her drink while sifting through her post. Bills and Ads and a new Magazin from one of her favorite Medical Journal  And also a letter from the Cathrine Fox Foundation.

Carina read it and smiled. She had to tell Maya about it.

Maya was just on her way home from work, when she remembered, that Carina was going back to work tomorrow. So in order to make this night special she decided to pick up some flower and some food and pamper her wife a little.

"Honey. I'm home." Maya yelled through the house as she slipped of her shoes. "I'm out front " Carina yelled back. Maya put the food in the kitchen, she was going to warm it up later and went to surprise her wife with the flowers.

"Hey." Maya said with a big smile. "Hey." Carina got up and kissed Maya deeply. "These are for you." Maya said and gave her the boquet of Lillys. "Oh. They are so pretty. Thank you." "I also got food. I can get it ready whenever and we can enjoy a nice evening before you go back to work." Carina nodded and smiled. She put the Lillys on the table and turned Maya, so her back was facing the outside couch. "What are you doing?" Carina pushed Maya down on the couch and climbed ontop of her. "Weellll i want a nice evening too." Carina said and smirked.

Carina sat down to eat while Maya was plating the takeout. "Have you thought more of my question last week?" Carina asked. Maya nodded. "I am not really good with kids. Honestly i run whenever we get a save surrender, but i get why people would want it." "Bailey said when Amelia was giving birth. If two people love eachother so much they can't contain the love within themselves so they make another person out of it." "Yeah. I am super sure you could be a good mother." "Bambina, you'd be an amazing mother aswell."

Maya chuckled. "Well what were you thinking? To be honest i have absolutly no idea about IVF and everything. Or Fostering? What did you think?" Carina sighed. "Well. Because i had chemo and radiation at such a young age, the chance i can get pregnant are nearing zero. But if we want to do it, i'd have to go through further testing." "You would do that?" Mayas eyes sparkled at her amazing wife. "Yeah. Absolutly. But Maya, i am just recovering from the GBS and i am 37. We have to consinder other options." "Well. Technically i could get pregnant and i am turning 31 in a few weeks." "That would make pregnancy not as risky."

Maya chuckles. "What?" Carina asks. "Well i kid of always went out with girls in order to definatly not get pregnant. I was always very scared, when i had sex with men. i was an anxious mess until my period came." "Oh bella." Maya smiled. " No its just funny to think of everytime i prayed for not being pregnant and now we actully talk about maybe getting pregnant. Its weird." "Well, yeah kind of." Carina smiled aswell.

"I have another idea. I got a letter today the Cathrine Fox Foundation is doing a Public school Project for gifted kids. Gifted kids in Publics schools often don't get adequat support in their schools. This project picked students with good grades and an interest in Medicine to go to a private school here in Seattle, audit courses at university and shaddow doctors at Grey Sloan. Everything is funded by the CFF. The students write a paper in the end and get a certification, it is supposed to help them into good colleges and the two best get a grant for college and medschool."

"That is amazing." "Yes. And they are looking for last minute hostfamilys. A few hostfamilys dropped out and they still need three. The hostfamily should have a room for the hostkid and acces to a bathroom. They have to feed the kid and do their laundry. The children get buss passes, but sometimes they might have to be taken somewhere. For hosting the family gets 520$ a month. Which is not much, but it is something. I thought we could host?"

Maya nodded. "I like the thought. How old are the kids?" "Highschool. Sophmores and Juniors." "Oh 15/16ish." Carina nodded. "I don't know about teens." "But its smart teens. The have shown ambition and drive for their studdys." "True. So like a trial run at parenting?" "Something like that." Maya nodded. "And after 6 months we can give them back and if we like it we can start the journey of having our own." Carina shrugged. "Yeah. I'd like that." "Okay. Lets do it."aya said. "Wow. No pros and cons list, and no clipboard.? " "Oh no. The clipboard will come when we get ready for them to come trust me." She said and laughed.

An: new book, same story.
As for the timeline it is now July and that makes it 4 months past the end of the last book. Have fun.