Chapter 41 {Edited}

"Yes Raph, what Simon told you is true, we need a meeting and we're coming as soon as we can," Leona sighed through the phone as she balanced it between her shoulder and cheek, the Shadowhunter putting on her boots.

"Don't think you can use that tone with me just because we're friends, Leona," Raphael rasped through the phone causing Leona to roll her eyes.

"Your high status as the new vamp leader changes nothing, you know that power won't work on me," Leona told the vampire pointedly as she stood up and began to leave her room.

"Leona I cannot keep making expectations just because we are friends, pushing Camille out of power took decades," Raphael said causing Leona to let out a breath. "I finally put her away, you know what she put the vampire community through."

"I understand," Leona said softly into the phone as she walked the Institute halls. "But Raph, we are so close to figuring this out. She's the last piece. Please." The Shadowhunter pleaded as she waited with bated breath for the vampire to respond.

When she heard a deep sigh over the phone, Leona closed her eyes in relief, "Fine, text me when you're outside."

"Lydia!" Leona heard Alec shout down the hall causing her to run to the source, her phone still on her ear.

Leona let out a gasp at the sight in front of her; Magnus and Alec leaning over an unconscious Lydia on the floor of Robert's study.

"Raph, I gotta go," Leona said, quickly shutting her phone off and entering the room as Magnus ran past her to get help.

"You're going to be okay," Leona heard Alec tell Lydia, whose eyes were now opened.

"Hodge..." Lydia weakly moaned out causing Leona and Alec to share a glance.

"Fuck," Leona breathed out, her mind already connecting the dots.

~

Leona shook her head as she, Clary, Isabelle, and Jace stood in front of one of the Institute monitors. Isabelle sat in a chair sorting through the footage, with Leona sitting on the desk near the monitor.

"How's Lydia?" Clary asked as Alec approached them. The Lightwood had taken the blonde to the infirmary so she could properly heal.

"Better," Alec said with a nod. "Magnus is doing what he can to help her, but it's bad. And the Cup is definitely missing."

"So is Hodge," Jace commented.

Leona watched as Isabelle clicked on the security footage of Robert's study. "Maybe he was attacked too."

"Maybe he's the one who attacked her," Clary boldly said knowing that the others weren't going to consider the option.

"​​Hodge? No way. We've known him our entire lives. He would never do that to us." Isabelle immediately denied causing Leona to shake her head.

"I agree with Clary," Leona spoke up causing the Lightwoods and Jace to look at her in shock.

Before anyone could say something, Isabelle fast-forwarded the footage and the group watched as the camera showed Hodge attacking Lydia and then taking the cup.

​​"I led him right to the Cup," Jace said in disbelief.

"We treated him like family. How could he do this to us?" Alec asked with a sigh as they watched the footage.

"I knew something was off," Leona groaned, rubbing her forehead in annoyance.

"What do you mean?" Jace said as he crossed his arms.

"Since I've been back, I just, I felt like he was always watching me, watching us since I'm always with you all." Leona shook her head. "At first, I thought it was because of the Paris Mission and Michael but I would've sworn, I saw him watching me during Izzy's trial right before my arm started to..." Leona let out a breath. "God, I should've said something."