Chapter 43

FIVE DAYS LATER

After hours of being in the air flying with the birds, the plane finally begins its descend and touches down on French soil. I'm the first to get up, quickly undoing my seatbelt and grab my coat before heading to the exit just as our flight attendant pushes the door open, ready to go back to being a human again. Walking down the stairs i let out a sigh in delight when my face is hit by a wave of cold air and take a deep breath in before making my way toward the already waiting black SUVs parked not far from the private jet, with the boys following closely behind me, Dominic jumps out of one of the suvs driver's foor as we get nearer "welcome to France" he says opening the backseat door for me, i toll my eyes jumping inside and make myself comfortable as the boys share themselves between the two cars and fur some weird reason I end up riding with Jaden, Jalen and Jason.......Jaden sitting in the front passenger seat whereas his brothers sit across from me. Dominic drives us out of the airfield toward Lucas's domain that must be crawling with his dogs at the moment trying to keep him save after the havoc we caused for him this past couple of days, the lycans are pretty predictable if i do say so myself.....we've attacked each and every warehouse he has under his name in hope to drive his security away from him, he lost most of his men with every attack and admist their panick, they did just that.....put Lucas in one safe place to wait out the danger but unfortunately for them, the place they chose wasn't as hidden as they thought, i mean we have his right hand fir God's sake.....he knows every hiding spot and safe house Lucas owns, they should've thought of somewhere different.

We had Dominic and Drake have already check all the safe houses and hideouts in advance leaving only one to be explored "their motion sensors are not working" Jason suddenly says frowning at the screen of his tablet just as our car strays away from the main road into a seemingly deserted one

"and that's a problem because..." I ask turning my head toward the window to look at the beautiful scenery outside the car of tree swaying in the wind "I didn't disable them" that catches all of our attention, we turn to him for a more detailed explanation "....someone inside is either helping us or luring us into a trap" he says and Dominic adds "we're getting closer" before the news even registers in all our heads, on impulse i pull out my phone and log into the message app, click on the now familiar unknown number and read the last text from it consisting of just two words....Come Home, before looking outside the window, at the distant beautiful white mansion, when i first read the text i thought the clue was France....my home country but now i know it meant my house, i might not have yet gotten all of my memories back from when i was seven years old but I've gathered enough information on my past to know with most certainty that the mansion we're currently approaching is my home.

Jaden yanks the armor back on the seat next to him onto the floor between us and unzips it revealing our weapons. I lean forward to take out my guns and one by one ejected their magazines to check if they had armor before shoving them in their holsters on either sides of my hips then rampage through the back again for my knives out, stashing them in my boots and wait for the car to come to a final halt before jumping out with an M4 in my hands pressed against my breasts.

We didn't even get that far before we are warmly welcomed by gunfire aimed at us.....note the sarcasm, taking cover behind a tree i pull the safety pin off and start firing back, allowing Jaden time to go hide....find a nest for himself and Jason to sneak inside. Having gotten rid of the first line of security we make our way toward the entrance, Ajex and Alex on either side of me.....all on high alert "wait!!" comes Jalen's voice in our earpieces, forcing us into a halt mere inches away from the metal gates just when we are about to push them open, his command is followed by loud groans and painful grunts of people as they drop on the ground one by one with a thud "...it's clear, you can go now" Jalen says after a minute or so.

Doing as we're told, Jaden, Dominic and Drake are the first people to walk in followed by me and then Ajex and Alex come through last walking backward to watch our six, with our guns lowered and nerves still on high alert we step over puddles of blood and dead bodies all over the grey pavement making our way to the mansion but soon turn around sharply when we suddenly hear a suspicious sound coming from behind us, our guns up and ready to shoot whatever it is causing the strange noise

A squirrel jumps out of a rose bush, runs past us and into yet another bush, letting out loud groans we all turn back around and continue up the pavement, i could feel my blood boiling with every step we take closer to the white mansion that's now surrounded by black dots as Lucas's men patrol the outside with their guns proudly hanging beneath their arms ready to shoot on suspicion, how dare he kill my parents and brother then seek protection in their house??

"Lucas is nowhere in the mansion..." Jason starts in our ears pulling me out of my angry thoughts, frowning I open my mouth about to ask what he meant by that but stop when he adds "....wait, I found a secret door, let me check it out" and there's a sound of something breaking a second later "They're on to us, we need to change tactics" i tell the boys just as two guards turn the corner obviously searching for the intruders that is us "are you sure??" Alex asks, I nod aiming my gun at them and pull the trigger, they slump on the ground dead and I focus back on the boys

"We need to split into two teams, Alex and Ajex.....you're with Jaden, take the back door" nodding they do as i say and I continue toward the entrance using the wall for cover, I abruptly stop when suddenly a body drops down infront of me with a loud thud, blood splattering every where including my clothes when it hit the ground, taking a deep breath in I throw a bunch of curses Jalen's way in my head and jump over the body.

Jogging up the stairs on the front porch, I say "Dom, we're gonna breach and you're gonna clear" Dominic nods and I press my back against the wall on one side, Drake does the same on the other side of the door. On the count of three Drake and I force the doors open and Dominic follows after with his rifle, one by one bodies hit the floor covering the pearly white tile crimson with blood as he empties his armor on Lucas's men. Seeing as Drake and Dominic have everything under control o duck behind a couch to reload my gun and decide to find out where find out Jason's where abouts "Jason where are you??" I ask, his answer comes almost immediately "I'm in the underground floor, is that concern I hear in your tone??" he mocks, letting me know he's not that busy "Of course it is, only god knows what will happen if we don't get Lucas today......did you find him??"

Groaning he says "not yet but he's here"

"Then find him" I order before rejoining the fight. Some time passes and Jason's voice sounds in my ears "um guys.." he stops as if unsure of what to say next "what is it Jason??" I growl running out of patience, why is he quiet?? "...I think you need to see this yourself" he says, I shoot one last person and yell for Drake to cover me before making my way down the hallway toward the said underground floor, pushing the door open we go down the small flight of stairs into yet another hallway "where are you??" Drake enquires looking around the dimly lit hallway with cells on either sides....not surprising there seeing as the mansion belonged to a mafia family "come to the end of the hall" we do as were told keeping our fingers on the trigger point and only relax when we see Jason's back "what is it??" I ask stopping next to him, he nods at something infront of him, I turn my head to where his gun is still pointing and notice a dark silhouette standing at 6 feet 3 if not taller, the person's stature and broad shoulders enough to make me aware its a man "who's he??" I ask squinting at the stranger, I didn't expect Lucas to replace Emit so quickly.

The man steps out of the shadows before Jason responds to my question and my eyes widen, he looks familiar.....very familiar but why?? I wonder trying to remember atleast a place i could've seen him but my brain comes up with nothing "Win" he mumbles a familiar nickname, shocked I stumble back a little and stutter "how....how do you know that name??" Only one person called me that and he's dead, right?? Somehow the smile that creeps up his face at my question makes me doubt what I saw years ago, he got shot in the head and I've never heard of anyone surviving a headshot bullet wound before so he can't be alive.

As if sensing my inner turmoil, the stranger steps even closer only stopping when Jason warningly cocks his gun, looks me up and down before saying "you've grown-up so much" and attempts to touch me ignoring my question but I step away, he sighs and pushes the hair hanging on his forehead back with his fingers, and that's when I see it....a bracelet I gifted my brother on his 16th birthday before we were attacked "Brother??"