12-🪐Getting Philosophical with Mrs. Brown

A/n 2k+ readsss???? thxx ilysm. Also this is short because I have a much longer one in the works. School starts tomorrow so I'm trying to get as much done as I can rn. (Jan 7th) We do have a two hour delay in my district because of snow. Thus, I can write for a longer period of time tonight and get chapt 13 done before tomorrow morning. I love you all, may the force be with you and know that you have worth. <3

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Oscar and I didn't make any plans to meet anywhere before, just be there yk. I open the door, the strong smell of lavender and cardboard floods my senses. Charlie the cashier isn't here today. It's Mr's Brown *aka Marties mom if you forgot*

"Afternoon Mrs Brown!" I say, waving to the dark haired woman.

"Oh hi sweetheart! How was the concert? I only got a "It was good" from Martie. I need some detail! The drama! Did any of your crowd surf?"

"Sadly there was no crowd surfing. But three guys in the back stacked themselves up each other's shoulders, well... before security came around" I chuckle.

"Martie also told me there was a special someone at the concert? I have to know about that!" Mrs. Brown Laughed

"Actually there was."

Mrs. Brown raised her eyebrows and leaned on the counter. As if to say "go on"

"You know Walker Scobell? The guy who plays Percy Jackson in the new series?"

"The name doesn't ring a bell, no."

"I'll just start from the beginning. So basically, Ellie sends me an interview he was in and they asked who his celebrity crush was. And to my surprise, it was me. Then I saw his doppelganger in HERE which was really funny. But get this, I saw him at the concert. And he kept staring at me. Not in a creepy way of course. And THEN he tripped on his face at the meet and greet and got a bloody nose. So I took him into the back where we had gauze and I disinfected his scratched hand followed by a band-aid. I asked him to sign my Heroes of Olympus book and then. You won't believe this. But his friend Charlie, the guy who plays this guy Luke in Percy Jackson, said, and i quote "Enough talk with your wife now. We oughta be going. It was great meeting you all" and obviously it's just an inside joke, but it's an oddly suspicious one."

Mrs Brown adjusted herself to a more comfortable position before she spoke.

"So what we know for certain is that the boy likes your face. Which explains the "wife" joke. But one thing you should know before you date a guy, is if he likes you. A person's face can say a lot about a person, but not enough to actually get to know them. For example, at first glance you might think I'm rude or mean because of my resting face. But you know, that I'm not actually that way, but only because you know me. So if you're interested in this boy, he should understand you before he goes off of what he knows from your appearance. Does that make sense?" 

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

I gave an amazed stare. She wasn't ever this philosophical. But this did make sense. Ellie, Oscar and Martie were going off the fact that he thought I was pretty. I on the other hand was going on whether or not he liked me in general. It was flattering that he found me attractive, and if he ever asks me out I will most definitely accept. *I mean who wouldn't 🙄* It's just nice to know that a person likes you for more than your looks you know?

"That makes total sense mam. I don't think I've heard you be so philosophical about this subject before. I appreciate it" I say

"Now tell me, what do you think of this boy?"

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Word Count, 657 

.