12. Accident doesn't come with warning

Sonu's POV 

'Hey Sonu!'

I was making designs for file cover. Suddenly the known voice shivered me. I turned around and saw... the smiling face. He's back!! Spreading his hands its like he's surprising me with his comeback. I became soooo happy and excited so that I ran to him and hugged him tightly.

He hugged back and rubbed my back passionately. He was taller than me so my face was hidden in his shoulder and we stayed sometime like that. I became surprised again with my sudden action.

Whatever I raised my head but still held him with my hands.

'How are you Mahi ?'

'Totally happy now'

He caressed my chin. I asked him to sit and then I placed his luggages in bedroom.

'Sonu open the bag's front chain' he said from living room. 'See there is something for you'

'For me ?'

'Yes mr. Raina'

I found a packed box from his bag.

'What is this Mahi ?'

'Open karke dekh lo na'

I unpacked it. OMG! A branded wrist watch.

'Mahi is it for me ? Matlab kya jarurat tha ? Its worth too much!!'

'Not more than your friendship dear' he came close to me.

'From when we are friends hum ?'

'Aren't we ?'

Again the close, deep stare, enough for making me stammering again.

'Mmm no... I mean yes but... ohhff please don't stare at me like this... my mind becomes blank'

'okay I'm starting another side, now tell me am I just your boss ?'

'No Mahi, you helped me a lot, just like a relative or best friend'

'You too so much cared for me Sonu'

'But I don't need gifts or rewards for that'

'Umm I'm not really giving you this as reward'

'Then ? Why you bought such a costly watch ?'

'Don't know believe me. I saw this at a shop and just the thought occurrd that this will suit you. Didn't you like this ?'

Deeeeep sigh... what is the man saying ? He is giving me something and I don't like!! Mahi you don't know how much I.......

My thoughts broken down and a face reflected in my mind.

'I liked it a lot Mahi, how couldn't I when you're giving ? Ahmm... you know some days before Priyanka didi visited here'

'What ? I forbade her despite that ? What did she tell you ?'

'Relax. She didn't tell anything bad, but worried for you'

I told him everything abou Priyanka di and he sighed, replied nothing and silently went to washroom.

.

.

.

Next day

Mahi was busy with his laptop crossing his legs on bed. Me too had work on files but I was busy to see him. He didn't notice I was measuring his legs inch by inch through my eyes, also blushing sometimes with my own action.

The doorbell rang

*****DING DONG 🔔

'Wait I'm going' I said and went to the door.

A young boy was standing outside. His hairs were also long like Mahi even his face too a little matching him.

'Sonu bhaiya right ?'

'Yes but you ?'

'Hi I'm Ravindra... Ravi, Mahi bhai is my elder brother'

'Ohh hi Ravi, come come, your brother is in his room'

I shaked hand with him, Mahi told me that he have a brother and he loves him too much. Recently he got the golden opportunity to participate in Indian cricket team.

Probably Mahi heard his voice so he came out from room. Ravi went towards him and Mahi lifted him like lifting a little boy. Oh my god... what a beautiful moment. Me and Mahi was smiling in Ravindra's sudden visit. But I didn't see Ravi's smile, seems like he's sad for some reason.

After some casual convo with his brother he said;

'Umm bhaiya... I have to come here for giving you a bad news'

'What bad news ?' Mahi's face got tensed.

'Actually you weren't picking Priyanka di's and her family's call so...'

'So ?'

'Yesterday at night they called me and said...'

'Said what ?'

'Vo actually... Priyanka di... was driving... and an accident occurred...'

'What ??? How us now ? Which hospital she's admitted... tell me Ravi'

'Bhaiya please control yourself...'

'TELL ME RAVI!!'

'Bhaiya she's no more... spo... spot death'

'NOOOOOOOO!!' 

Mahi sat down on floor grabbing his head. Ravi hugged and soothed him. I also sat beside him and placed my hand on his shoulder

'Keep calm Mahi'

'GET LOST BLOODY HELL!!!' 

I was surprised... he threw my hand and shouted on me with red eyes. It seems like he will kill me. What I have done ?

'I IGNORED ONLY BECAUSE OF YOU FUCKER!! I HURTED HER BEING BLIND ON YOU!! OH MY GOD!! MY PRIYU... YOU!! YOU ARE THE REASON RUBBISH!! GET LOST, GET LOST FROM ME'

'What are you saying bhaiya ? Accident is accident, Sonu bhaiya ki kya galti hai isme ?'

'You don't know Ravi for this bloody hell I ignored her... my Priyu... my love!! Forgive me my love...'. Mahi blabbered and cried like mad.

I felt too hurted to hearing the news but didn't expect such blame from Mahi. Did I ever say to ignore her ?

But I didn't protest, I know he's not under normal condition. Ravi tell me with his eye to keep calm and continued to soothe his brother. But Mahi set his mind that directly or indirectly only I'm responsible for Priyanka's death.

'WHAT HAPPENED BLOODY ? PLEASE GO FROM HERE!! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR UNHOLY FACE. GO!!!'

I saw him in blank sight for a few seconds. Then went outside.

_____________________

____________