one

chapter one:
"i've been nice to you, don't i?"

blood splatters, guns, drugs, ruthless and deaths. what else can park seonghwa be described as? mention his name and anyone will run. park seonghwa is nothing but trouble. that's what they say about him. get in his business and you might as well kill yourself.

"get a life and go out, seola"

seola rolls her eyes, crossing her arms as she leans on her chair. seola is an office worker from 8am-5pm. after 5pm she would occasionally go shopping or grocery as she lives alone. but other than that, she stays at home. she used to be a party person. she likes parties when she was in college but she grew out of it. she's now rather focus on paying her student debt and investing on something she'll benefit to once she retired.

she knows. she's thinking too much for a 24 year old who recently graduated.

"i don't understand how you can smile and wake up everyday. you have no boyfriend, no hobby to do in your free time and you have no friends. what are you up to during the weekends?" wonji—her colleague claims. wonji is also her manager who's about 4 years older than her. "i grew out of partying. i haven't gone to one after graduation." she shrugs, chuckling. "shall we go to one tonight, then? when was the last time you tasted alcohol?"

speaking of alcohol. she tasted one like 8 months ago. 8 long months ago and that was during her parents death anniversary. "wonji, i don't think you should be worried of my own. worry about yours. you're 28 and you're not with someone" she half-jokes. "which is why i'm asking you to come with me tonight."

"tonight we snatch some handsome men"

seola frowns as wonji swings two glossy chrome silver tickets. the ticket itself looks expensive and seola can't help but wonder how much the female spent on those tickets. "it's a ticket to silveria" wonji grin from ear to ear. "silveria? how much does this cost you?!" she gasp. "exactly. i spent a whopping 100 dollars per ticket, you can't say no." wonji deadpan. "100 dollars for this bar? how special is this bar, hm?"

"you arrive alone, you'll leave with a louis vuitton bag or a box of chanel jewelry or more, a man with handsome looks and loaded money"

"you're earning just enough money to buy for yourself" she reminds the older. "i can't buy handsome men with pockets this thick. get ready, we're going" wonji did not wait for her reply and left to return to her table. seola sighs and stood up. wearing her black coat over her white top and trouser. the curl on her hair is surprisingly still on which makes her preparation a lot of easier than it is.

seola got off wonji's car. closing the door as the female did the same, handing her keys to the valet. seola observed the bar. now she understands why each ticket cost 100 dollars. the exterior has a black and silver design and it already looks expensive. "let's go in" wonji smiles, leading her inside. seola silently watch wonji hands the ticket to the person on the front door who immediately let them in upon seeing their ticket.

just like what she expected, the inside is much prettier than the outside. the walls are black and the tables are red, giving the interior design much more appreciation anyone could give. "let's sit here" wonji occupies a table. seola nods and sat across the couch. placing her purse down. "good evening, ladies. what may i give you for starters?" a waiter approached them. "we'd like to start light, thank you"

"it's a pleasure. i'll be back with your drinks in a second"

"what do you think?" wonji smirks. "it's beautiful and i understand now why a ticket costs a hundred dollars. but still, it's too expensive for my liking" she briefly explains. "well yeah, of course it costs a hundred dollars to get here. not everyday commoners like us can get in here. besides, all you have to do is enjoy or much better, leave this place with a man"

"i am so not leaving with a man. if you want, you can go ahead"

"sure, sure. just wait until you see what kind of business men come here and you won't be able to control yourself from bringing one out" seola opens her mouth to retort when a tall man, about 5'10 in height, hair slick back and is wearing an all black suit walk passed them. he was too handsome for seola to not look at. "but be aware, seola. rumors says about 90% of men that comes here are drug dealers"

"what do you mean?" she replies, successfully tearing her eyes away from the gorgeous man she found enchanting. "you heard me. don't make me repeat myself" seola frowns, crossing her legs, just the same time the waiter returns with cocktails for them. "let me know if you're ready for something good" the waiter smiles and left right away. "anyway, let's enjoy the night. cheers!"

seonghwa shut his eyes close at the contact of blood on his cheek. he sighed, wiping it with his thumb as he looked down on the man badly beaten below him. "you know what i do to people who betray me" he let out, pulling his gun from his pants. "turn the music up" he demands. the person behind him nodded and do as he say. completely silencing the conversation in the entire room.

his finger pulls the trigger, not caring about the cry of the man he almost trusts. yes, almost. he was wary of him from the start and as usual, his instincts never fail him. "clean this up" he calls, dropping the gun on the ground and exiting the room. he slammed the door behind him and walk down the stairs. he buried his hand deep in his pocket and approached the bar. "good evening, mr. park. what would you like for today?"

"martini"

the bartender nods and starts to prepare his choice of drink. "excuse me" a feminine voice calls. seonghwa lifts his gaze and finds a female, wearing expensive clothes and has her hair cleanly fixed. "yes, ma'am?" the bartender returns. "i would like two more cocktails" the female answer. "i'll be preparing yours, ma'am. mr. park, here's your drink" seonghwa nods, accepting his drink.

the woman remains standing in her spot, beside seonghwa when his phone rings. seonghwa sighs and pulls his phone out. "what?" he gets rid of greetings. "mr. park, he's here. i suggest you move and leave the club" he immediately ends the call and stands up. "youngeun, don't let anyone in. tell the guards" he demands. "mr. park?" the bartender asked. "do as i say" 

"wonji, i think we should go"

"seola, do you believe in red string theory?" wonji spoke, in daze. "what happened to you?" she gasps, placing the tray down on the table. "i just saw someone connected to my own string." wonji answers. "red string theory is false. you're 28, i think it's about time you stop believing in those" she sighs. "have you ever felt attracted to someone? you speak like you've been in a relationship."

"look at your pinky and imagine a red string there, do you think it's connected to someone? probably, someone in this room" wonji states. "i won't do that" she crosses her arms. "do it. all you have to do is imagine. remember, your instinct is stronger than anything else" seola sighs and looks down on her finger where she has a ring on her middle finger. her eyes landed on her pinky and tried to imagine what the female is telling her to do. but to no avail, she could not do it.

"i can't."

seonghwa walks out of the club and enters the parking lot where he found the culprit. he sprint towards the male and grip on his collar before throwing them on the ground. "i've been nice to you, don't i?" he questions, pushing his hair back. "mr. park, please have mercy. you know i'm not the kind to betray you like this. i was threatened!"

"do you know what kind of mess you brought me in?! i've been gambling and now i have to gamble twice! might as well die" he curses. "he threatened me! he said if i don't do as he say he'll go for your aunt. i know your aunt is the most important family to you, i can't let it happen just for my safety! i've been loyal, mr. park" seonghwa frowns at the new information he had just gathered.

"get him to the hospital"