ten

chapter ten:
"but knowing he's living next to you and i wasn't aware of him won't give me sleep."

"have you known of him?" seola knows the man very well. but park seonghwa. she never knew him. he was very secretive to her and now she understands why. he was hiding something big to her. "he once lived in a province before he moved to seoul along with his wife and daughter. his daughter made it in a prestigious university so they move here despite all the possible expenses they'll be facing"

"i never really knew his daughter but he was always so proud of her. he would talk about her all day. sadly, he passed away." seola never knew these details. and now she knows it because of song mingi. who's coincidentally in a chase catching seonghwa who infuriated her heart. and the possible killer of her father as well. at this point she can't bring herself to believe that her father's death is an accident.

he was involved with park seonghwa after all.

"he was shot."

she knew it. it was not an accident. none of her parents deaths were an accident. it's all planned. "all it takes was one bullet to kill him. park seonghwa pointed his gun at him. he was a good civil worker. i remember him being envious of me because i'm a lawyer. he would always greet me with a smile when i'm coming to the law firm. so when i found out about his connection against park seonghwa, i was mad yet i'm determined to catch him."

"i wanted him to taste his own medicine"

"mingi, i.." for some reason, despite the growing anger inside her chest, she hesitates to expose seonghwa's chamber. she could not bring herself to do so. "you know where he is. i know that, seola. i.. i didn't want to force it out of you" mingi shakes his head as a sigh escape him. but what seola knows, seonghwa is not aware of mingi. not even a slight percent. "it was you" she came to a realization. she realized it now.

"you shot him"

she had connected them all. the incident being in her neighborhood, the shooter coming from her building and right exactly where mingi's chamber is. his answer saying he wasn't present at the neighborhood at the time of incident was a clue to mislead her. to mislead her from mingi. "you're quite an observant, aren't you?" mingi chuckled and suddenly, she felt something crawling on the back of her neck.

the fear.

seola gulps, quietly taking her phone below the table and dialing seonghwa. she leaves it as it is knowing seonghwa will answer her call. at least, he should. she needed him. he must answer. "your main intention was to kill seonghwa. you didn't want to catch him. you were following him to kill him" she let out. "you're right. i didn't think my intention were to be uncover this soon. maybe i underestimate you. you're smarter than i thought you are"

"i could spare you, give me his details in return" seonghwa held the phone in his ear as he entered his car. he started the engine and drove. one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the device. "i won't do that" seonghwa's grip tighten on the steering wheel. this is what he's afraid of. his enemies going for seola rather than him. he knew he could've avoided this but it's too late now.

he will gamble for seola.

"the growing anger inside you, it's not because of your job. you wanted to catch seonghwa because you're jealous of him" seola should shut up. seonghwa knows better that in this kind of situation, people should shut up. "i am jealous of him?" he did not recognize the voice. he was never familiar with the voice. "what's there to be jealous of him? i think you're going to places, seola. park seonghwa is not someone you could be jealous of."

"why so?"

"he kills people, his money is dirty, he is filthy as it is and he kills his own mother, tell me, should i be jealous of him?" it takes a lot for seonghwa to not lose his mind but he managed to control himself. he can accept anything but his incident with his mother. he will lose his mind if he hears one more thing about his mother. "aren't you? you are a lawyer, you should know it yourself. you read people, you can tell if the alibi is fake."

"alibi? i am a public servant! i am doing my work for my country! and it is my job to put park seonghwa behind the bars even if i have to hurt women like you!"

seonghwa sped up. he stepped on the accelerator and drove as fast as he could. he must get there soon. "let's talk again. i do not wish to waste more of your time. i hope the next time we talk you have a proper wordings prepared for me." it was silence after that yet seonghwa did not stop driving. he drove in the neighborhood and stops the car. "come out" he finally spoke. "i'll be down. don't roll the window down or get out"

he sighed placing his phone down. a few seconds later, a knock came and he immediately unlocked the door. seola sits in and put her belt on. "drive" he starts the engine and drives again. "is he your neighbor?" he asked, finally relaxed. "next door."

"who's he?"

"so you're really not aware of him. song mingi, i don't actually know which lawfirm he works at but yeah, he's song mingi" she answers, closing her eyes for a moment. "you did well calling me" seonghwa sighed. "anyway, i think you should not live there anymore" he added. "seonghwa" he hums as reply.

"you are his target, not me."

"i know. but knowing he's living next to you and i wasn't aware of him won't give me sleep." seonghwa admits. "are you worried?" she questions, straight to the point. "yes." seonghwa should stop flattering her like this. he clearly said he could not commit to her. but why did he answer her call, drive to her and worry for her? park seonghwa confuses her more than she wants and she hates that she's still infatuated with him.

"you can drop me off. i'll be checking into a hotel" she sighs as the car stops. she's had enough of seonghwa treating her like this. she's a woman with dignity. she can't let a man treat her like a toy. "stay in my house" seonghwa suggested. "i refuse. i'll be fine on my own. you don't have to do this. i called you because i was scared" she sighed out. seonghwa is playing with her. she don't want to be played.

"then, keep calling me"

she frowns and slowly gazes back at seonghwa who's now staring at her. "call me if you're scared, in danger or happy, i don't care. bother me, seola. i will go to you" he's confusing her again and slowly, she feels angry. she's mad at herself and at seonghwa. "you're at it again" she gulps the lump in her throat. "you're nice to me one minute and then push me away the next seconds. i hate being treated like this. nobody ever treated me like this, seonghwa"

"i am not pushing you away"

"it's just, i'm having a hard time expressing—" she interrupted seonghwa. "just let me down. a lot of things happened today and i'm tired." she sighs. she pushes the door but it did not budge. she huffs and face seonghwa again. she realized he had locked the door. "open it" she demands. "no" seongwha shut her request down. "i said open it or i'll scream" she threaten. "do it" she frowns as seonghwa lift his gaze, his sharp eyes lingering to hers.

"scream. let's see what will happen"

"i'm tired, seonghwa. let me down now. let's talk tomorrow, i'm begging you" she heave a breath. "open the door" she added but seonghwa did not budge. "you think you can do this to me?" she questions before lifting herself to transfer at the backseat so she could exit through the door there but she was stopped by a pair of arms circling her waist and pulling her back. she screams as she lands on seonghwa's lap. "let me go! i forbid you to touch me!" she shouts. "let me go, seonghwa. i've had enough of—"

she was cut off. a pair of lips moving senselessly on hers. she hates that butterflies field her stomach as she felt his plump lips abusing hers. he was holding her down. one arm around her waist, tightly securing her and the other on the back of her nape. his tongue invaded her privacy yet she can't bring herself to push him. "i gave you a lot of chance to quiet down, you're testing my patience"

"i've been nice to you, i guess it's about time i stop"