six

chapter six:
"and if i manage to protect her this time?!"

seonghwa entered his office, shutting the door behind him. he approached his table and sat on his chair. he felt disoriented. his feelings are all over the place. but what tops the most from his endless problems is how he could keep seola safe. he was with her someone shot him. he's worried that something worse will happened if she's alone. he must do something about her safety.

"you were shot?"

seonghwa lifts his gaze and finds his aunt. he sighs. here's another problem. his problems just keep flooding in. why is his life like this? he solves one and another will come. how unlucky. "i'm fine. it did not hit me" he answered. "were you alone?" seonghwa then found himself struggling to answer his aunt. he wasn't alone. he's with song seola. the song seola his aunt was worried for. "you're not, who are you with?" his aunt stepped closer to him.

seonghwa's reflexes were slow and his aunt suddenly pulled his collar down, revealing red marks on top of his collarbone. "are you aware of what you're doing? you're risking her life!" his aunt shouts. seonghwa sighs, flicking his aunt's hand away and buttoning his shirt. "and if i manage to protect her this time?!" he doesn't know what has gotten into him that he asked that but he did. with full confidence. "you must be insane, park seonghwa. did you work all this time just to fall in love on the way?!"

"what's wrong with that?! don't you think i deserve to at least have someone beside me?!"

"goddamn it. i'm not a kid. i know what i'm doing, i know what risk i'm bringing her and guess what, i'm willing to gamble. i've always gambled. gambling like this is nothing but like the rest of the gambles i did"

seola sat in the lobby of her company, her legs crossed below the table whilst wonji sat in front of her, drinking her coffee. her head has been all over seonghwa and how she hates herself for letting the male treat her like that. one thing she knows is she will never let him treat her like that again. if she has to avoid him, she will. no woman deserve to be treated like that.

she knows that it's just sex. and that it's probably normal for seonghwa to have women in his bed but she just can't accept that he had sex with her and left the next morning with money on the bedside table with a note that's for her. she hates it. just by thinking about it, she's fuming already. "what happened to you?" wonji placed her cup down. "wonji"

"if you had sex with yeosang and he left the next morning with money, would you be mad?"

"of course. did your man do that?" wonji calmly replied. "he's not my man. i hate this!" she whines pulling her hair in frustration. "don't contact him anymore and if you see him, return the money to him. slap it to his so you'll be satisfied" seola nods. she's definitely doing that and her palm is itching for that moment to come. "anyway, what were you up to these days? i can barely see you around if it isn't for work"

"oh. i'm planning my birthday. i'm turning 29" wonji sang. "i don't actually know if i should be happy. you're 29 and you just started dating" she admits. "you're right but it's alright. i can't rush things. yeosang said he's fine with our age gap. he's 24 tho, too young" wonji responded. "it's okay. he's adult, no one will make a big fuss out of it" she nod her head, assuring wonji.

"how about you? you're 24, you should date while you're young"

it's not that she doesn't want to date, she can't date. that's her problem. one more problem of hers is liking a man she doesn't know anything about. he's just park seonghwa, dangerous guy and a 26 year old hottie. that's all she knows. "i don't know" she answers, chugging her coffee. "my client's here, see you around" she nods waving at wonji who greets her client.

it was a moment of silence. her and her thoughts. until her phone rings. she calmly grabbed her device and found seonghwa calling her. she stared at it ringing until it ended but another few seconds came and he's calling again. just like what she did at the first call, she stares at it. she's currently busy wandering with her own thoughts. she can't answer him right now.

"why aren't you answering my call?"

seola flinched and found seonghwa in front of her, dressed in black suit and tie. "what are you doing here? do you have an appointment?" she questions, sarcasm laced in her voice. "i came because one woman is not answering my calls and i am worried because that woman was nearly shot last night while i was with her, don't you think she should answer my call next time in case i'm checking up on her?" seonghwa returned the sarcastic statement she started. "you don't have to check on me. i'm fine and this place is very well guarded"

"also, tell the man that's looking for the woman that was almost shot it's not nice to leave money after bedding a woman" she slammed the money down on the table. seonghwa raised a brow, looking at the money he left this morning for seola's taxi. he remembered her not driving and he has emergency this morning, resulting him to unable to drive her to wherever she wish to go.

"were you upset because of this?"

"how can i not? i feel like a goddamn prostitute" she hissed and thank goodness they are in a secluded corner of the lobby or else everyone will be watching them argue over sex. "it's for taxis" seonghwa briefly defends. he hates explaining himself but at the moment, he wants to clear out everything so seola won't be upset with him. "i left a few pocket money for you so you could ride the cab and go to work. i was not able to drive you due to schedule, that's it"

"what?"

seola was beyond speechless. she just accused the park seonghwa. what has she done? "you could have told me sooner. i'm sorry" she let out. "it's fine. i shall go. i have a few businesses to attend. next time, answer your phone" she only nods, still bewildered by the information she had just gathered.

seola frowns in confusion while she reads the unknown number that's currently calling her. she had paused her job for the call but she did not recognize the number at all. is it seonghwa? only seonghwa is ringing in her head so she answers the call. "i'm fine, you don't have to keep calling me and what's with the number? it's different"

"you must be expecting seonghwa"

seola softly gasp recognizing the voice from the other line. it's definitely her. seonghwa's aunt and his only family. from what she heard that night at silveria. "i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to yell" she responded. "no worries, are you still at work, ms. song? how about a couple of drinks at silveria? we have a lot to talk about" the woman invites and seola found no door to decline. "that'll be lovely"

"good. i shall take no more time of yours. i'll be seeing you in an hour, see you, ms. song"

exactly an hour later and seola arrives at silveria. she took a deep breath approaching the gate where a huge man is guarding. "i... i'm meeting park yeo...yeoju" she stutters the name of seonghwa's aunt. "please go in" she mumbles a thank you before entering the club. she gaze around the room until a woman, dress in expensive clothes approached her. "ms. song, ms. yeoju is waiting. allow me to guide you to her" seola nods and follow the female.

she's not entirely sure if she should stay here but knowing that seonghwa owns the place and is probably guarded well, there's nothing much to worry about. she's safe. nobody will shoot her out of nowhere. "good evening" she greets, bowing her head. "have a seat" park yeoju motion her to sit so she did, placing her purse down. "i'm sure you know i called you here because of seongwha" yeoju started. "that's right."

"seonghwa is a brat, he won't listen to me. i suppose i should talk to you instead"

"i'm sorry, but, regarding what?" she carefully asked. "your connection with him. i do not hate the idea of you dating but not seonghwa. i suppose you are aware of what kind of dirty business he has his hands on. he's gambling, ms. song. if he adds you in his pocket, he's gonna have to gamble twice. you know, right? how dangerous the world he lives in."

"it's very different from yours, i can't have him drag you to hell with him"