seventeen

chapter seventeen:
"it's not about trust"

seola enters the room, carefully carrying the bucket of water and placing it on the bedside table. it's been a week since the incident and seonghwa hasn't shown signs of waking up yet. she was beginning to worry but she knows seonghwa. he will wake up. he has to wake up. squeezing the excess water, seola runs the damp towel on seonghwa's forehead. this has become her routine since the incident and she don't want to get used to it.

seonghwa should wake up.

"seonghwa" she mumbles, grabbing his hand and running the towel on it. "what about the dinner?" she asked, particularly to no one. it's not like seonghwa will answer her. she wants an answer from him. no one else. "i hate you. you stood me up" she sighs, throwing the towel back in the tub. her eyes landed on seonghwa's face. he still has color so she never have those thoughts.

"have you had dinner?" wooyoung enters the room. "i don't have an appetite" she mumbles as the male takes a seat across from her. "seonghwa will be mad if he finds out you're barely eating. he's a big eater so he'll get mad" wooyoung hums. "then, he should wake up" she glares at the unconscious body of the male. "he will. we can't do anything but wait" wooyoung opened his mouth to speak more when his phone rang. "excuse me"

wooyoung soon returned, the call was short. "the camera did not see the shooter, not even his foot" wooyoung broke the news to her. "the guards did not see anyone as well. i have to go look through this, seola. will you be fine alone here?" wooyoung added. "yes. be safe" she replied, following wooyoung to the door. "call me if anything happens. you hear me? anything"

"i will"

seola hissed, cutting her fingers from the knife she's holding. she's trying to make dinner for herself but she finds no progress. all she manages to do by herself is cut the ingredients and her fingers. she sighs giving up. she can't cook. seola returned to seonghwa's room, carrying instant ramen. it's her bait. maybe if seonghwa smells the food he'll wake up. he's a big foodie, he won't disregard ramen.

however, she had finished eating but seonghwa remained peaceful. she hates how peaceful he is. this is not the peace she wants for him to have. the night has gone deeper and seola prepares her bed—the couch on the corner of the room. she gets under the cover and face seonghwa's unconscious form.

"good night, seonghwa"

when the next morning came, seola awoke and stretched her limbs. she stood up, her hair falling on her shoulder and walked towards the bed. however, the next state she found made her scream. seonghwa was not in the bed and the IV drop that's sticking on his flesh disposed on the mattress. "wooyoung" she mumbles deciding to call him instead of panicking.

running down the stairs, she halts hearing the vacuum cleaner's sounds. she frowns and walks in the living room only to see seonghwa with a deep frown as he runs the vacuum on the floor. "hey" she calls, grabbing his attention. "good morn—" seonghwa did not finished his words when she run to his arms, snuggling her face on his chest. "did i scare you?" the male soothes her back, placing a peck on her forehead.

"how dare you sleep in a week and wake up to clean right away?"

"i was only planning to prepare breakfast but i found stains. it made me uncomfortable so i cleaned a little." seonghwa explains. "are you okay now?" she asked. "yes, still sore but it's manageable. did you not eat a thing while i'm gone? look at you" seonghwa stares at her feature, pulling away from the hug. "i can't cook."