fourteen

chapter fourteen:
"and bear with that punk's punchable face?"

seola shakes her head for the hundredth time. no. why can't she focus on work? well maybe because of seonghwa. he held her last night and even made her breakfast before leaving for work. she could name thousands of thoughts running in her head but she didn't want to name one unless seongwha indicated what they are. they are not dating nor in the process of dating.

but he calls her his love.

"seola" she snaps out of her thoughts, looking up and finding wonji in front of her. "the limping and turtleneck says it all as well as you and your thoughts. anyway, i won't ask unless you say it yourself but i came to say that my birthday is tonight and you're coming whether you like it or not." wonji hands her a silver ticket. a ticket to silveria. of all the places, why silveria? "my friends will be there. unfortunately, yeosang will be late but he'll come so you better come, alright?"

"i will"

"cool! i want a gift" wonji shrugs. she frowns. what the? is she a kid? "stop looking at me like you're asking yourself if i'm a kid. i want a gift. don't come unless you don't have a gift. there's a jewelry store beside silveria. i'll appreciate it if you buy one there"

and so here she is. at the jewelry store beside silveria. she's already late for 30 minutes but she just finished work 15 minutes later and has been at the store for a few minutes now. seola roams around the store, trying to look for something that wonji will like. she's always bad at picking gifts and it's not like she always comes to a party. she rarely comes to one.

seola's brows rise upon seeing a pair of diamond necklaces. she lifts her hand to look at it when another hand takes it. "it's you" yeoju greets. seola retrieves her hand, softly nodding. "good evening" she softly greets. "you can have this" she mumble a thank you accepting the necklace. "seonghwa did not come last night, do you know that?" of course, she does. seonghwa was with her. just how fast does the park yeoju catch up with everything?

"i suppose he's with you considering you both are wearing turtlenecks today"

she blushed at yeoju's words. embarrassed and flustered at the same time. "you don't have to be embarrassed. you both are young and have a lot of energy. just be careful" yeoju gave her a small smile and left. seola let out the air she's been holding and huffs.

"please pack this for me"

seola enters silveria, her gaze roams around until it lands on a table where she recognizes wonji. she walks towards it and clears her throat, grabbing the attention of the celebrant. "happy birthday, wonji" she hands the white bag. "thank you! everyone, this is seola, my colleague and friend." she bows and greets wonji's friends. "hello"

"she's very much single, everyone"

seola accepts the drink she was given and clinks her glass with the rest, she takes a sip on it and hissed at the bitter taste. "you don't drink much, do you?" the male beside her whom she remembers the name was youngho chuckles. "not really. i used to but i stopped" she admits, taking a lemon. "i see. i heard from wonji you're 24, i'm a year older than you"

"i see" she felt awkward. what is she supposed to do to that information? is he flirting with her? why does she feel disgusted? why does she hate it? "i—" youngho was interrupted when her phone rang. "i'm sorry, i have to take this. excuse me"

"where are you?" seonghwa asked on the phone, his eyes set on seola who wasn't aware he was in silveria and on the second floor where could see the entire floor below. he was amused at how fast that guy beside seola was approaching her and even smiling from ear to ear that it made him angry. he was invited by yeosang at the said party but he never expected it to be at silveria. "i'm outside"