𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃, 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

—— " i'm sure King's Landing has many suitors

—— " i'm sure King's Landing has many suitors... boring... unenjoyable suitors " ——
༺ ♔ ༻

——— IT'D BEEN A MONTH since Daenerys Targaryen married Khal Drogo. The Dothraki, along with the Targaryens and Ser Jorah Mormont, had been traveling on horseback for weeks, riding for long hours across the Dothraki Sea.

They were headed to Vaes Dothrak, which was considered the only city of the Dothraki people, located in the middle of the Dothraki Sea. Every new Khaleesi had to be brought there after the wedding.

Daeron completely understood this reason, knowing it was a part of their culture. But his brother? Not so much.

He spent most hours on their travels pretending to listen as Viserys ranted about this inconvenience, when they should be traveling to King's Landing instead to take back the throne.

Daeron thought about anything, just anything else to mute out his brother. But on this particular day, he thought about his readings of the Dothraki as he gazed out on the fields surrounding them.

In the Shadow Lands beyond Asshai, they say there are fields of ghost grass with stalks as pale as milk that glow in the night. It murders all other grass.

The Dothraki believe that one day it will cover everything, and that is how the world will end.

Though Daeron wished the world would end right then and there so he wouldn't have to bare listening to Viserys anymore.

As the evening neared, the Dothraki stopped to camp for the night, which Daeron thanked the old and new Gods. Now he could rest, and get away from his brother's rantings.

When he spotted his sister in the distance, he rode up to her, finding she looked weak and tired. He knew she was overwhelmed and scared, but he didn't know how to help her.

Once he jumped off his brown horse, he approached his sister and her white horse. She weakly placed her eyes on him, sending him a weary smile. He lightly frowned, wishing there was something he could do.

He reached his arms out and she leaned forward, before he helped her off the horse and onto her feet. Instantly, two of Daenerys's new handmaidens rushed over and escorted her to a nearby tent.

Daeron watched her intently, hoping she got more food and water soon to help build up her strength. As he did, Ser Jorah approached him, watching Daenerys as well. And they would have stayed there for possibly a minute more if Viserys had not approached, an annoyed look on him.

"We're still not far from Pentos, Your Grace," said Ser Jorah as Daeron and Viserys looked at him. "Magister Illyrio has extended his hospitality. You'd be more comfortable there."

"I have no interest in hospitality or comfort. And Daeron does not wish to part from his sister," Viserys told him as Daeron was quiet, as he usually was. "We'll stay with Drogo until he fulfills his end of the bargain and I have my crown."