𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐅 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍, 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

—— " this is the only way to survive

—— " this is the only way to survive. in a world ruled by men, this is how women like you and i survive " ——
༺ ♔ ༻

——— THE CROWD CHEERED AGAIN when The Mountain rode out onto the jousting grounds for another round with a new competitor. Rosaline stayed quiet, politely clapping as she stared onto the grounds nervously. She wasn't sure if she could handle another man dying in front of her, but she didn't have a choice either. Her archery lesson with Ser Adrian Sloane wasn't until after this round.

She sat with Sansa and Septa Mordane again, but in place of Arya, was their father. Arya had her dancing lessons, which Rosaline actually knew meant that Arya was taking sword fighting lessons.

The Mountain, just as before, ran down the track before pausing before the King's suite and bowing to King Robert.

Rosaline eyed him, almost startled, as she thought of what Lord Baelish told her and her sisters. She felt a sense of relief that the Lord didn't say by them anymore, but a row behind them, just behind their father. Perhaps she could be more attentive towards the jousting. Not unless someone dies again.

"Where's Arya?"

Rosaline glanced down at her father as Sansa said, "At her dancing lessons."

Just then, The Mountain's opponent rode up along the other side of the track. A 22-year-old, gorgeous, blonde man in silver armor came running towards the King's suite, and when Sansa saw him, she smiled.

"The Knight of the Flowers," said Sansa.

As the boy passed the Stark's along the track, he stopped to give Sansa a red rose. She stammered a smile as she took the rose while Rosaline smiled, looking between the two.

"Thank you, Ser Loras," said Sansa and he smiled at her.

As soon as riding off up beside The Mountain, Sansa excitedly turned to Rosaline, a huge grin over her. Rosaline smiled at her excitement as the redhead said, "Look how pretty it is."

"It's perfect," said Rosaline. But her attention was quickly turned back to The Mountain and Ser Loras when The Mountain's horse began to act very jittery. Rosaline eyed it oddly, remembering it did not do that in the prior round.

After bowing to the King, The Hound and Ser Loras rode off to the opposite ends of the track, with Ser Loras grinning smugly to himself as he did. But The Mountain's horse continued to act jittery, that a squire had to hold the horse back from running forward.

As the crowd watched the two knights, Sansa abruptly grabbed her father's arm in tense anxiety. "Don't let Ser Gregor hurt him," Sansa said as Rosaline and Ned looked to her.

"Hey—"

"I can't watch," Sansa murmured as the knights placed on their helmets and were handed their lances. But the horse continued to fuss around.