𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐍, 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

—— " the brave men didn't kill the dragons " ——༺ ♔ ༻

༺ ♔ ༻

——— IT WAS NIGHT AGAIN over the the Dothraki camp. Daeron sat by a fire, hearing the crackling, feeling the heat as he gazed up at the stars above. Twinkling down on them, not knowing that Rosaline Stark gazed up at the same stars as her sisters slept next to her in their inn chambers.

Daeron was consumed by the pretty night sky until he was distracted by another pretty thing. Doreah.

She smiled at him as she approached him, causing him to be filled in sudden nerves. Especially when she sat with him, admiring the fire before them.

She seemed far beyond giddy for being his brother's plaything. Daeron crinkled his brows as he watched her.

"What is it?" he asked and Doreah looked at him, the same smile on her.

"Oh, it's just... I do believe your sister and the Khal... will be much happier now..." she said.

Daeron was confused. Very confused. But he, at the same time, did not want to know what she meant. So he just stayed silent.

Until she suddenly said, "Do you have the dragon's blood inside you?"

He slowly looked at her, finding her brown eyes were filled with much curiosity. He liked that.

"I... uh... it... it's possible, definitely," Daeron told her.

She lightly smiled, her curiosity only growing.

"What ever happened to the dragons? Do you know?" asked Doreah. "Didn't the brave men kill them?"

"Brave men?" Darron questioned, seemingly more stern than nervous. "Brave men killed them? Where did you hear that?"

"Your sister's handmaidens."

"Of course they would say such foolish things," Daeron rolled his eyes. "The brave men didn't kill the dragons. They rode them. Rode them from Valyria to Westeros. The most of the dragons were killed hundreds of years ago during the Civil War between my ancestors."

"Between your ancestors?" asked Doreah and Daeron nodded.
She just smiled at him as he spoke, clearly attempting to get him out of his shell. Explaining the things he's read and learned about was one way to do it.

"In 130, the House Targaryen was split into two, creating a deadly Civil War over the succession to the Iron Throne," Daeron began as Doreah watched the fire flames flicker in the reflection of his violet eyes. "The war emerged between the eldest children of King Viserys Targaryen I; Princess Rhaenyra and Prince Aegon II."

"Wouldn't it be his son?" asked Doreah.

"Princess Rhaenyra was born first, King Viserys's only child with his first wife who died," Daeron told her. "She was named heir many years before her brother was born. But a war still broke out... killing many of the dragons..."