𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐍𝐃, 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

—— " she would not! you can say what you want about my father, but do not say such vile things about my little sister who has done no wrong! " ——༺ ♔ ༻

༺ ♔ ༻

——— ROSALINE DIDN'T KNOW THE STATUS of King Robert's health, only that he was on his deathbed because of a hunting accident with a boar. She heard that he had been drinking too much and the pig had an advantage.

Rosaline and her father were talking about what would happen after King Robert dies as they strolled through the hallways of the Red Keep. Accompanied by several of his guards.

"Until Joffrey is of age... I will be protector of the realm," Ned told her. "Robert signed the contract himself."

"Oh," murmured Rosaline. "So that means you'll be staying even longer?"

"Yes..." he said. "But you and your sisters are still leaving for Winterfell today." And by her upset frown, Ned placed an assuring hand on her shoulder. "Everything will be fine—"

"Lord Stark!"

Rosaline and her father glanced back as all of the guards drew their swords at the royal steward who had approached them. A horrible look on his face.

"Stop!"

"No, it's alright," Ned told his guards. "Let him through."

The guards stepped away and the royal steward was able to approach Lord Stark and his daughter. He quickly said, "Lord Stark, King Joffrey and the Queen Regent request your presence in the Throne Room."

"King... Joffrey?" asked Rosaline.

"King Robert is gone," the royal steward said as Ned stared at him absolutely petrified. "The Gods give him rest."

Rosaline nervously gulped before glancing up at her father, wondering what they were expected to do. She knew what she wanted to do, but she also knew her father would do the exact opposite. And she was scared.

As Rosaline strolled through the courtyard, she could hear bells tolling in the distance, signifying King Robert's death. She held a horrible frown over her face, fearing that the future of the realm was in great danger. Not only because the King on the throne wasn't the real heir, but that it was Joffrey.

Ned asked Rosaline to head into the Red Keep, and wait for him outside the throne room. However, when she did, she found a battalion of Gold Cloaks standing there and waiting. She didn't understand what they were doing.

"Rosie..." and she glanced back to find her father entering the corridor with Lord Baelish. She lightly smiled at him before taking his free hand, helping him walk. It was a difficult sight to see him on a cane with a limp.

When the throne room doors opened, Rosaline held in a nervous breath to find it was filled with Lannister guards. Prince, now King, Joffrey was sitting on the Iron Throne, a smug look on him. Sitting nearby was Queen Regent Cersei and standing off to the side was The Hound. Then there was the five members of the Kingsguard, led by Barristan Selmy, all standing in front of the throne. Guarding King Joffrey.