if only he knew

She grabbed her phone and checked the time: 2:13 am. She let out a sigh; she had been tossing and turning all night. She knew she wouldn't be able to fall asleep; her brain wouldn't shut off.

So, she gently removed Travis's arm from her, hoping not to wake him. He had just played a big game against the Bengals. The last thing she would want is for him to wake up because of her.

He let out a small groan, and she quickly grabbed her phone and headed downstairs. She immediately missed the heat of his body and realized how cold she felt without him.

It was moments like this that she wished her mind didn't work the way it did. Why did she come up with some of her best ideas at night?

She walked into her home studio, which Travis surprised her with for her birthday. She grabbed her guitar and sat on the couch. She began to sing quietly and play some chords.

"How electric it was, when we first touched. Aching for you, as you left me permanently blushed..."

She continued to play and write stuff down in her journal until she heard the door creak open. She had woken him. He was wearing grey sweatpants with no shirt.

"Hey, Tay," he said gently with a smile. He was rubbed his eyes and yawned. He looked sleepy still. 

He walked over to join her on the couch. She placed her guitar against the edge of the couch.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you," she said while placing her hand in his. Travis took her hand and kissed it.

"You don't ever need to apologize for your creative process," he said. He looked at her, and she could tell how sincere he was being.

She could tell how tired he was, though. She grabbed her phone to check the time, 3:15 am. Taylor's eyes got wide, and she began to feel guilty.

"Trav, you just played, and I need to be more considerate of that. You should be sleeping," she said. Her waking up in the night to write had been a problem in her last relationship. it was annoying, a distraction or she was too loud.

"Well, I'd rather be asleep next to you. And if that means that I wait until my genius woman is done writing, then I wait. Plus, the bed is so cold without you," he said as he placed both of his arms around her waist while giving her puppy eyes. She laughed.

They sat and hugged for a minute, just breathing together, loving each other. Taylor enjoyed the moment and closed her eyes. Everything about it was delicate. 

He slightly pulled away and said, "You ready for bed, Tay?"

She opened her eyes, looking deep into his. 

"I am now, Trav." Truthfully she wasn't tired. However, she did want to be cuddled up in his big arms, pressed up against him.

He got up from the couch and grabbed her hand. He gently helped her up. They began walking back to the bedroom hand in hand. Taylor stopped for a moment.

"Hey, Trav," she said, pulling him by the hand to face her.

"Yes, baby?"

"Thank you again for being so understanding. You are heaven-sent," she said while leaning in to kiss him.

They stayed like that for some time, and as they pulled apart, Travis kissed her forehead.

"I got you. I love you. Always. Now let's go back to bed. Maybe I can give you inspiration for a new song," he said with a smirk. Any ounce of sleepiness he had, was gone. 

He began to run his finger over her bottom lip, then moved it down to trace her collarbone. She began to blush. There's that electric touch she knew and loved. 

Inspiration, she thought to herself if only he knew. She began to smile.

"I'd love to see the material that I have to work with, Kelce," she said while taking both her hands and running them over his chest.

"I'm all yours, Swift if you'll have me."

"I'll have you. In every way. Several times," she said with a laugh and began to run to their bedroom. He chased after her.

"Good God, woman. You are quick," he said while laughing.

"Hurry up, I wanna see that tight end!"

I have a few ideas for some more one-shots! Im excited! I'll try to update as much as I can! Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote! Also, leave any requests! Maybe some smut??? <3 <3