he'd meet her in the afterglow

The afterparty

They had just been swarmed by paparazzi outside of the building, catching every angle of them. It wasn't like this was Kansas City, where their relationship was respected. They, as human beings who deserve privacy, were respected. Part of her felt bad and hated it.

Taylor was used to it but it was something Travis had to adjust to. That was the one thing that Taylor worried about. Her whole life, the way she had to live, would scare him away. Travis was not that guy, though. He reassured her as much as he could. He gave her the support she needed, the support she deserved.

The after-party had just begun.

Taylor pushed any negative thoughts that she previously had and just tried to enjoy herself. But there was still that guilt in the back of her mind. Privacy was a problem in previous relationships; who's to say it couldn't potentially become one?

He could change his mind.

Taylor and Travis found themselves on opposite sides of the room, mingling and enjoying conversations with old friends.

Travis would look over at her constantly, making sure she was okay. They would make eye contact, smile, nod, and then continue with their respective conversations.

Eventually, Travis made his way over to Taylor.

"Hey Baby," he said. He grabbed her hand as her conversation ended.

"Hi Trav", she smiled and let out a small giggle.

"You wanna get a drink with me?"

"I thought you'd never ask." She then led him by his hand through a crowd of people.

They shared a drink. Literally. They ordered one drink and shared it. It felt more intimate than it might have looked. Taylor made a mental note of the moment.

"This night has been so much fun. Thank you, Tay, for inviting me out."

"I wouldn't have wanted to spend it with anyone else."

"I'm glad to hear that because I wouldn't have wanted to spend it with anyone else either."

They were still standing in front of the bar.

Travis took his hand and tucked some of Taylor's hair behind her ear. He then took her hands and placed them on his shoulders.

She was in a daze. Every move this man made was magic. He leaned in, and they were kissing.

They didn't care that they were in people's way. They didn't care that people were watching them make out. They were enjoying each other, like it should always be.

It felt like it was just them two. Travis felt it, and Taylor felt it.

They couldn't help themselves.

When they parted, they were both blushing. They then hugged and swayed for a minute.

The night continued. Drinks were flowing, and Taylor may have had one too many. She was a little more than tipsy. Travis was slightly buzzed, but it did take quite a bit of alcohol to get him fully drunk.

As the party began to fade out, they decided to head back to Taylor's apartment. They got out of the party, with no problem.

Just more paparazzi and the negative thoughts came rushing back into Taylor's mind.

As the driver began the route home, Taylor clung to Travis's arm as she sat right next to him. Her head rested on his shoulder while he ran his hand over her thigh.

Travis heard the quiet sniffling. Was she crying, he thought to himself? His mind began to flood with a play-by-play of the entire night.

Did he do something wrong?

"Taylor baby, you alright?"

She shook her head into his arm.

"Look at me, baby, please? Did I do something?"

She shook her head again.

"Tay, I can hear you crying. Just look at me. Tell me what's wrong. I will do everything I can to make it right."

She was very fun when she drank. She was chaotic, she'd dance, and sing, but she could also get clingy. She also could get very emotional. It was a fine line. A difference a drink could make.

Tonight, she was clingy and emotional. With the paparazzi and thinking Travis would end up resenting her or leaving her, it was hard not to be.

She looked up at him. Her cheeks were flushed and tear-stained.

Her big blue eyes were filled with water, and her mouth was in a sad pout. She still clung to his arm.

"Oh, baby what's wrong. Did I do something?" Travis's head and heart hurt for her.

She stared off and went silent.

"Tay, please tell me. I might start crying with you if you don't."

She let out a tiny giggle. He felt a little relief getting her to laugh a little. But he wasn't lying, he would start crying too. He wore his heart on his sleeve. He isn't afraid to show her that.

Taylor looked back up at him.

"It's nothing you did. It's just the paparazzi don't give us any privacy. I feel so bad dragging you into all of this. The security, the way I have to live, it's ruined things before. Some people don't understand it. Then they leave." She wore her heart on her sleeve too.

"That's why you are sad? I'm sorry you feel that way, Tay. You know I don't care about any of that. I get to be with you. You are my favorite person."

"It eventually gets to be too much and then they leave. They always leave." She then started to cry again.

"Is that what you are scared of? Me leaving?"

She nodded.

"Taylor, you are the most special human I have ever met. I would never walk away from you or what we have just because of a little invasion of our privacy. We are stronger than that. I am also stronger than all of them, so if I need to kick some ass I can." Taylor let out a laugh this time.

"I understood the magnitude of this all when we started talking. I understand it all now. If, I want to be a part of your life, I will adjust. And I want to be a part of your life. Hopefully for a long time. I'm not letting go. You are stuck with me. I think you like being stuck with me too."

"Thank you, Travis. That means so much to me. You mean so much to me."

She knew she could never give him peace. She was thankful that he didn't need peace. He thrived in the light and so did she. They could shine together, in the chaos of it all. As long as he had her, everything else, all the media, paps, it didn't mean anything.

He tilted his head down and they kissed.

Taylor slowly leaned away from him.

"Hey, what do you mean, I like being stuck with you," Taylor said.

She raised her eyebrow.

Travis laughed.

"Well, you haven't let go of my arm since we left the party. I'm not complaining though." He said and grinned.

Taylor laughed and then looked at him seriously.

"You never let go of my thigh."

"She fights dirty. Alright, nah."

Thanks for reading! As always vote and comment! If you do, you get ten years of good luck!! :0