he got my heartbeat

"Welcome to Kansas City, Mrs. Swift," the pilot announced over the intercom.

She was here in Kansas City, going to meet Travis for a second time. They hit it off on their first date in NYC, and both were counting the days until they could see each other again.

This was the first time in a long time Taylor had been excited about something relationship-wise. She had set rules about not doing anything that would get in the way of her tour schedule. However, this time she made an exception, and Tree was happy to help.

She grabbed what she needed and headed out to the car. Her security team escorted her straight from the airport to Travis Kelce's house.

Soon she arrived at his house; he waited outside the door with the biggest grin. She wasn't nervous. She looked out of the car window and admired the view. The house was pretty too. Good thing the windows are tinted, she thought to herself.

Her security got out first, surveying the area, and then opened the door for her. Taylor then stepped out; she was in a pair of black denim shorts and none other than a red and gold Kansas City Chiefs shirt.

"You did not," Travis said while laughing.

"Oh, I had to." She immediately knew he was referring to the shirt. She began walking towards him.

"You look good in those colors, Tay." He said as he reached out for a hug.

"Thanks, Trav. You know I gotta blend in." She had forgotten how tall and big he was. She reached her arms around his body to give in to his hug.

"You are doing a damn good job of it!"

They all entered the house, and her security made themselves comfortable in the guest house. Travis began leading her to the guest room. He was carrying both of her bags.

"It's just this door," He said.

"I can get it; your hands are full," Taylor said as her hand reached for the door.

His eyes made contact with her wrist as she twisted the door, and they entered the room.

"So, what a minute, you got my friendship bracelet on," Travis said as he looked down at her wrist.

"Oh yeah, I thought I would wear it, to celebrate our new friendship." She said with a giggle.

"Oh, is that right? Hmm, guess I'll be making lots of bracelets for you then." He said with a grin as he set her stuff down.

She knew what he meant and couldn't help but blush.

"So I was thinking, you and me, dinner. Then some s'mores outside. By the bonfire. Maybe a movie?" He said as he held his hand out to her. She took his hand, and they began walking back to the kitchen.

"I think that sounds perfect."

"Alright, let's make it happen."

They talked throughout dinner and shared stories from their childhoods. They both felt giddy with each other. Every glance and handhold felt perfect. As soon as dinner was over, they headed out to his backyard. They grabbed marshmallows, chocolate, graham crackers, and blankets.

Taylor sat on the patio couch with a blanket over her lap. Travis started the fire and joined her. Taylor placed the blanket over his lap as well. They then began making their s'mores.

She looked at him and smiled.

"So we gotta talk about it."

"Talk about what?" He said with a grin. Travis knew exactly what she was talking about. His skin was flushed; she wasn't sure if it was from the fire or her.

"Well, Cupid, of course." She said with a laugh. Her feet were now tucked behind her, and her body faced him.

"Mr. Teller. Yeah, he's a team player. What a guy right? I don't think I could ever do enough to repay him and Keleigh." Trav said as he turned and looked at her.

The flush and smile on his face were definitely from her.

"They are the best. I am sure I would've eventually heard about your podcast and bracelet. I'm not sure if I would've said yes that easily to a date though, if it weren't for them." Taylor said with a giggle.

"Hard to get, I see, but then you would've missed out on making s'mores with me." He said while laughing.

"Good thing I said yes then, Trav." He rested his hand on her thigh. She felt her cheeks heat up.

Definitely from the fire she thought.

"Is this okay?" He said as he nodded to his hand.

"More than okay," Taylor responded with a soft smile.

"Your eyes are so blue, remind me of the ocean. What color are mine?" Travis said as he quickly shut his eyes.

He couldn't hide his grin even if he wanted to.

"You are such a dork. Hmm, let me think, well, you got some green and dark blue around them. The green stands out more in the light. The blue is even prettier out here in the dark."

He opened his eyes.

"Your eyes are pretty all the time." He said, and they both went silent. The sound of the fire cracking filled the silence. Both of them just looked at each other.

"Can I ask you something?" Travis said.

"Anything."

"Can I kiss you?"

Taylor went quiet. She felt her heart begin to pound. Her stomach felt fuzzy.

"Sorry, it's too soon right? God, I am a dummy."

She threw her head back and laughed.

"No, it's not too soon."

Confidence is key so she threw away any nerves.

"Please kiss me." She said as her eyes fluttered up. The tension between them was unbearable. The eye contact was strong. She had wanted to know what it would be like to kiss him since the podcast.

Their faces got closer. The luminance from the fire gave them enough light to study each other's faces. Their lips met, and the kiss was filled with passion, yet still soft. Her mouth parted and allowed his tongue in.

They explored each other's mouths. His hand wrapped around the back of her neck, and the kiss deepened. His other hand gave her thigh a gentle squeeze.

Taylor's hands rested on his face. It was unlike anything either had experienced before. They then pulled apart. Both flustered, you know, from the fire.

"I really like you, Tay."

"I really like you, Trav."

"This could be really special I feel it. Please tell me I'm not crazy and you feel it too." He said.

She grabbed his hand and rested it on her heart. It was still beating like crazy.

"I feel it. You're not crazy."

"Thank God, we can't let cupid down!"

They then ended the night watching the fire sparks fly.

Thank you guys for reading! I got super sick over the weekend and was not able to upload! Sorry about that! I'm going to try hard to get more stuff out this week! Thanks again! Keep voting, it means the most!