your heart is so beautiful

Taylor was aware of the current situation that was occurring with NFL fans. She was aware of people and what they were saying about her relationship with Travis. She also knew some Chiefs fans did not want her at games.

Past insecurities were starting to surface, and as much as she didn't want it to come up, she knew that it would eventually become a topic of conversation between her and Travis. On this day, it really got to her. She had been waiting for Travis to get home from practice all day, and she had written about him.

She sat in their bedroom with her guitar. She felt an ache in her chest. She stopped playing, her mind began to wander about all of those negative comments.

Comments about Jason and Kylie, comments about her distracting Travis, and comments about both of their exes. She set her guitar down and completely broke down.

Her tears began to flow as she silently started to cry. Silent cries were the worst, but she didn't want Travis to hear her when he got back. It burned her deep down, and she tried not to let it get the best of her.

She tried to be tough, and she was a tough girl. But sometimes it all gets too much even for her. Her feelings were real. Her feelings were valid. And at the end of the day, she is a human being.

She heard the door open.

"Baby, I'm home."

She began frantically wiping her tears away before she responded.

"I'm in the bedroom, Trav," she replied, trying to hide any evidence that she had been upset.

He began making his way to their bedroom. He opened the bedroom door and noticed how dark it was. All of the blinds and curtains were shut.

"Tay, why are you sitting in the dark?" he asked with genuine concern and began to open the blinds and curtains a bit to let some of the remaining sun in.

"I have been writing and playing all day. I didn't notice." Her voice was a bit shaky, and she knew he would eventually catch on to her.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I interrupt you?" he said as he walked over to the couch the blonde was occupying.

"No, no, I've been done for a little bit." She avoided eye contact and began to play with the hem of her shirt.

"You alright, baby?" he said as he grabbed her hand. He knew she was upset. She was avoiding eye contact, which she never did with him. He looked at her and noticed her little red nose.

"You can tell me anything, Tay. I'm here."

As much as it pained her and as much as she didn't want to talk about it, she had to communicate her feelings. So she looked up at him. He saw her puffy red eyes and immediately pulled her into a hug.

"Baby girl, what is wrong?" he asked as she started to silently cry again, in the crook of his neck.

He let her stay like this until he felt her calm down. Her breathing slowed, and the crying stopped. He gently pulled away and took both of her hands in his. He lightly caressed her hands with his thumbs. It hurt him to see her like this. Physically pained him.

"Tay, whenever you're ready, talk to me."

She took a deep breath and looked up at him. He was so beautiful and so gentle with her. His eyes looked like they were starting to water too.

"I tried really hard not to let this affect me. The media and the comments. I'm just having a hard day."

Travis let out a sigh. He knew this conversation was going to happen. He heard things too, and he hated it. He hated how everyone felt the need to say something about her. He hated how he couldn't protect her from what was online.

"You don't deserve any of that shit, Taylor. It makes me so angry when people say stuff about you or about us. They don't know anything."

"I know, I just when I hear stuff about your family or when people bring up exes or how I'm distracting you. It can all be a bit much, and..." she starts to ramble until Travis says,

"Tay, if I'm dropping shit on the field, that's on me. Your support, and you showing up to the games, is what means the most to me. Knowing that you are there makes me play better. And you know my family loves you. Kylie has told me multiple times that she will shut down any rumors. She does not play when it comes to family, and that's what you are to us. And as for the exes thing, I pursued you openly. I fully thought you were going to reject me, but look at us now. We are together for a reason. The past is the past for a reason." He said with a small smile.

"And you are allowed to have bad days, be upset, and cry. As much as it hurts me to see you like this, you are your own person. I mean, I throw helmets when I lose a game, so who am I to judge?" They both laugh after that. Taylor feels much better now.

"Thank you, Trav. You make me feel heard, you make me feel seen, and validated." She said as she leaned in for another hug.

She pulled away slightly; her hands were on the back of his neck and his on her waist.

"You know, you are so special to me." She said and leaned in for a kiss. The kiss was full of love and happiness.

Once they pulled apart, Travis said,

"Thank you for taking a chance with me. You go through so much and get so much shit for just existing. I hope my love is enough to push the rest of that away. You are what matters to me the most, my favorite girl. I love you."

"It is, your heart is so beautiful. I love you, Trav."

Something short and sweet! Thanks for reading and voting please leave any ideas you have!