Chapter 1: Another World

Monday, arguably the most depressing day in a week. But not for Y/n L/n. To him, Monday is the same day as the other day. A simple, regular and uneventful day.

He walked through the hallway of his high school with a stoic expression toward his classroom. Then, a student rushed to his side and patted his shoulder with a smile.

"Good morning, L/n."

"Ah, good morning, Tamai." Y/n greeted back.

"Once again, you're the last in the group."

"Since when this is a competition?"

Atsushi Tamai laughed softly in response to Y/n's remark. The two eventually made it to their class and when Y/n slid open the door, the class is already filled with students who are doing their own activities. The moment they noticed Y/n some of the students looked away in fearful or glared him with annoyance while a certain group smiled at delight.

"L/n-cchi, over here!" A female voice called.

Y/n and Atsushi looked to the source and found their group. There are Yuka Sonobe, Nana Miyasaki, Taeko Sugawara and Noboru Aikawa. Y/n and Atsushi then walked toward them to find them circling around Y/n's table.

"Why are you guys hanging out on my table?" Y/n asked in displease.

"To wait for you obviously." Yuka replied.

"And you guys are going to do this every single day?"

"Well, it's been some sort of special spot, I guess." Noboru ruffled the back of his hair bashfully.

Y/n sighed in annoyance as the group giggled in response. He put his bag next to his table before taking a seat.

This group is established ever since Y/n lived up to his reputation. When he was in Junior High, he beat every single delinquent wether they are his juniors, seniors or the same grades. Until now, he's still doing it.

He hate bad guys because they use poor imagination and sensibility to live a good life for themselves. Y/n is not good at dealing with kind people because they forgive those bad guys to make themselves seem virtuous.

It make him sick.

This group of friend he's hanging out with are neither of those. They understand his point of view and respect him as what he is.

Suddenly, a bright glowing circle appeared on the class floor. Everyone in the room are caught off guard and went panic as the circle expanded its size before flashing a blinding light.

.
.
.

As the light faded, everyone found themselves in an unfamiliar place. Y/n looked around and found himself inside a large chapel and in front of a tall mural that depicted an angel.

"O' chosen heroes!"

Y/n and the class turned their attention to the source and found an old man wearing a pope uniform who is kneeling down to them.

"I have been waiting for your arrival." The pope stated. "I am the pope of the church of saints, Ishtar Lombard. Please, follow me"

Despite the confusion, the students followed Ishtar's guidance. They walked through the large hallway into another room that was furnished with long table and numerous chairs. The students took their respective seats as the maids in the room served them some unknown beverages for each.

"I will explained everything so please, lend me your ears until the very end." Ishtar requested.

The world they currently residing is called Tortus, and the one who summoned them is a god named Ehit. Compared to their world, Tortus is far inferior.