Chapter 11: Quality over Quantity

"Krul, protect the others!"

The vampire deployed a magic barrier in front everyone except Y/n, and the dragon went for its first strike. It breathed out a powerful water-like beam toward Y/n and the others.

The beam engulfed them all and destroyed the land around them, creating a massive crater like the one they saw. But when the beam died down, none of them are harmed especially Y/n. He had coated himself with Domain Amplification and nullified the dragon's attack.

Krul casted her gravity magic and a large black orb appeared above the dragon. She brought it down and restrained the dragon to the ground.

"Y/n, don't kill it!"

"Huh?"

"That dragon is under mind control of dark magic, and my guts is telling it's actually a dragonmen."

"I thought they were extinct!"

The dragon managed to break from the weight by using its slim figure, and it shot another beam at Krul. The vampire managed to protect herself with a barrier, and Y/n only managed to knock the dragon with Dismantle.

"That's a tough hide.."

Y/n blitzed to the dragon's head in a blink of an eye and kicked the beast down with an axe-kick Black Flash. The dragon crashed to the ground and as it about to get up, Y/n held the beast down by its horns.

"Stelle, now!"

The raccoon jumped high in the air by using gravity magic to decrease her weight. Then, she increased her weight drastically and slammed her weapon directly on top of the dragon head. The impact caused a powerful shockwave and a crater and when dust died down, the dragon is knocked out. Krul jumped down to the dragon and placed her hand on top of its head before her hand glowed dimly.

"What are you doing?" Stelle asked.

"Dispelling the mind control." Krul answered.

"As soon as Krul learned she has compatibility to all magic, she devoted a part of her life to learn them all." Y/n clarified.

"I'm the type who work on both talent and hard work." Krul added. "There. I've dispelled the dark magic."

The three then jumped away and waited for the dragon to wake. A soft human-like groan escaped from the dragon. It slowly opened its eyes and when it spotted the three, the dragon rose up in startled manner.

"Wh.. where am I..?"

Everyone in the ground gasped in shock to hear a male voice coming out from the dragon as Aiko, Will and the students regrouped with Y/n. The beast glanced around the area and gasped sharply in horrified manner before looking down to the people below.

He then gently dived down in front of them before covering itself in a large orb of water. When the water dissipated, the dragon revealed itself as a person.

 When the water dissipated, the dragon revealed itself as a person