Chapter 4: Pandora's Box

It's been three days ever since Y/n had killed the monster bear. He had ventured around the floor and much to his disappointment, he found no way back up to the surface. The only path he found is a stair that heading down, so he has no choice but to go there.

He encountered a large lizard that flashed a blinding light from its eyes. The light slowly petrifying his left hand, and he quickly cut it along with his sleeve with Dismantle before the petrification could even consume him. He hid behind a mount before vomiting blood as he gritting his teeth to endure the pain. Then, he restored his amputated hand with Cursed Technique Reversal.

Cursed Technique Reversal is a special type of cursed technique that takes cursed energy and reverses it into positive energy. Reverse cursed technique processes negative energy into positive energy by taking two sources of cursed energy and multiplying them by one other. As a result, the energy that destroys becomes energy that creates, and negative energy becomes positive. However, it's easier said than done. Producing positive energy is extremely complex and difficult.

Y/n wiped his blood off of his lips, and he could hear the lizard is approaching him. He looked to his surrounding and found a pebble. He took it to his hand before throwing it to his side, and the lizard is distracted. Y/n then quickly jumped out to the opposite direction before swinging his hand forward.

"Kai."

The lizard is beheaded from its lower neck to its spine and due to the force from the attack, the corpse rolled away.

Y/n rolled his back before kneeling on his feet. He quickly pulled out the Divinity Stone from the shadow and licked the liquid on it to consume the Ambrosia. Once his strength and cursed energy restored, he stored back the stone and picked up his prey.

He continued his journey through the labyrinth, encountering dangerous monster as he goes down. The danger is worth his time and life since he acquired more skills, and his stats rose up from eating monster. He also noticed that he's no longer acquire to maintain his Shikigamis instead, he only needs his cursed energy to manifest and dispel them.

He's now on the 50th floor from the bottom of the labyrinth and had cleared the area. The only one place he has yet to investigate is a towering twin door with statue of cyclops on each side.

He cautiously approached the door and slowly pressed his palm on its surface. However, his action made the ground beneath him shook. He jumped far away from the door and watched the cyclops statues come to life.

One of the cyclopses got slashed instantly in the eye and died immediately. The other cyclops is startled to see his twin died before its eye and when it looked back at Y/n nervously, it found him aiming his arm at it.

"You're in the way."

Y/n swiped his hand, and the cyclops died instantly by his slash attack.

After eating the cyclopses' flesh and acquired their skills, Y/n opened the door slightly. He peeked through the gap and used Night Vision skill that he acquired from eating monster.

He could see a large room inside that's resembling the church hall. He went inside and cautiously ventured the room until he found a large cube-like object at the end of the room. He moved closer to get a better look and to his shock, he found a naked girl entrapped with the box. She has a long rosy pink hair and a large red eyes.

"Is.. is someone... is someone there..?" She called weakly.

She looked around the large room and spotted Y/n standing in middle, and their gaze met. The situation is too plain obvious. A person being sealed in a labyrinth filled with dangerous man-eating monsters is not a good sign.