Chapter 16: Departure

They returned to the surface safely, but most them are mentally exhausted due to the recent event. Kouki regained his consciousness along the way, and he quickly drenched himself with water magic to clean Y/n's piss off from his body. However, the stench remains.

Y/n stretched out his arms to the air with a groan before he proceed to inhale the fresh air before exhaling them all in relief and not bothering to give his goodbyes to his classmates, he walked away from them toward the town.

Kaori could only stand and watched Y/n leaving as his figure is getting smaller. She went to chase after him, but Kouki immediately stopped her.

"Kaori, you shouldn't go after him." He warned.

"Kouki-kun..?"

"Look at him. He walks all by himself. He kills people without a second thought. Anyone beside him would only be unhap-"

"Onii-chan!"

Rio's voice caught their attentions. They watched Y/n turning his gaze to the side before kneeling down to receive a hug from the hooded fish girl. The sorcerer then lifted up her up in the air, and they twirled around in excitement before hugging each other again.

"Were you a good girl while I was gone?"

"Hai!"

"Rio, don't go wandering around by yourself!"

The two turned to the voice to find Krul running toward them in worry manner. Y/n smiled in content and kneeled down to the vampire to receive a welcome kiss on the lips with his hand covering Rio's eyes to protect her innocence. The two then broke their lips apart before pressing their foreheads together in loving manner.

"Welcome back.."

"Good to see you again.."

"Shishō!"

Stelle skipped her way to the couple with Dan Heng followed behind. They welcomed Y/n warmly and congratulate his victory.

"Anything happened while I'm away?"

"Nothing worth mentioning, Y/n-sama." Dan Heng informed. "However, there were these ruffians who tried to kidnap Rio."

"But I made sure to discipline them!" Stelle puffed out her chest in proud manner while wielding Playful Cloud to emphasizing her statement.

A group of heavily armed men suddenly went to their location, and Dan Heng and Stelle confirmed that these are the people who tried to kidnap Rio but more of them. Rio is intimidated by them, and she quickly buried her face into Y/n's embrace.

"Does that girl belong to you?"

"You better hand her over then."

"Actually, you've got some nice goods over there, too."

"You can't hog all the girls, bro."

"Oh, we're gonna have ourselves a nice little 'Apology.' party."

The ruffians chuckled in amusement while glaring the girls with a gaze of lust. Despite their calm composure, Y/n and Krul are displeased by their attitude and decided to take action.

Y/n handed Rio to Stelle, and the raccoon covered the girl's eyes immediately. The sorcerer confronted the thugs before vanishing, and one of the thugs watched their comrades lost their heads in instant.

He shrieked in fear and fell to the ground before suddenly, Y/n appeared behind him and gripped his head from above. The thug couldn't move his head due to the strength of the sorcerer's grip.

"What's the matter?" Y/n grinned. " Why aren't you apologizing? Wasn't this suppose to be an 'Apology' party?"

Y/n increased the strength of his grip, and he immediately ripped the ruffian's head off from his neck with his spine still intact.