Chapter 6: The Raccoon

The blinding light that covering Y/n and Krul eventually faded and when they looked around, they found themselves in a large canyon with the sun basking its light to them. Y/n and Krul looked up to the blue sky with their arms in the air.

"At long last! we're free!" Krul cheered.

"Sunlight! Fresh air! Oh, how I missed them!" Y/n added.

He then held Krul by her hips and brought her to the air while spinning around. They laughed their hearts out in excitement after a long confinement in the labyrinth, and they proceeded to embrace each other. However, their moments are ruined by a herd of small monster.

"Kai."

A few monsters died by Y/n's Dismantle in instant, and he continued the slaughter till nothing left. Krul voiced out her displease for being interrupted, and she then noticed Y/n clenching his fist in curious manner.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Krul, try out your magic." He suddenly requested.

She lifted up her finger, and a small flame ignited on the tip before it vanished. Krul is both confused and shocked until she recalled an information she had acquired from Orcus' labyrinth.

"This is Reisen Grand Canyon, right?" Krul inquired.

"Yeah, this place nullify our magic and cursed technique." He replied. "That's why I felt odd when using Dismantle-"

Krul suddenly ignited a larger flame from her tip, startling Y/n in the process. "Don't worry. We can use magic or cursed technique if we increase the density of our mana or cursed energy."

"That's good to hear."

A sound of someone running caught their attention. They turned to the source and found a battered raccoon teenage girl in a barbaric clothing style, standing on a small hill while panting. She has a shoulder length ash grey hair with a dim yellow eyes and a fair skin.

"I.. I finally found you.." She panted.

"Found us?" Krul repeated in confusion.

"Let's just leave. We don't want another inconvenience." Y/n suggested and walked away with Krul.

The raccoon girl gasped in shock. She ignored the pain on all over her body and gave the pair a chase and when she's close enough, she immediately kneeled down on one knee and bowed her head to them.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience but, I beg you to save my people!" She requested.

"We refuse." Y/n replied instantly.

"Please! I promise you to pay my debt in full!" She insisted.

A loud stomp startled the three of them, and a two-headed t-rex appeared in front of them. The monster roared at its prey, but Y/n and Krul are unfazed while the raccoon girl is shrieking in fear.

"How disrespectful."

Y/n swung his arm and cut clean the monster precisely in half. The corpse collapsed with its inner organs spilling out and tainted the ground as the raccoon girl witnessed in shock and awe.

"Killing Dieheader in one hit.. amazing.." The girl uttered.

"Since you're a demi-human, I bet you came from Haltina Sea of Trees, right?" Krul approached the raccoon.

"Eh?"

"Answer me." The vampire gave her a dead glare, and the raccoon girl immediately kneeled down and bowed her head again.

"Yes." She replied. "My name is Stelle Blonko, daughter of the chief in the Blonko Clan of raccoon people."

"Krul?" Y/n called in confusion, but she held out her hand to him.