Chapter 8: Enter Reisen's Trial

Not wanting to scare the locals on the village with Nue, Y/n and the girls had to land somewhere nearby and proceeded on foot as the marked sorcerer hid his second set of eyes and put a slave collar on Stelle to blend in. They made it to the gate and met with the gatekeeper. The guard requested them to hand over their Status Plate for inspection, and Y/n gave his willingly.

"They're all over 10.000...? And what the hell is cursed technique?" The guard uttered in shock.

"A few days ago, we were attacked by monsters... and it looks like it broke then." Y/n explained.

"I've never heard of it breaking like this, though..."

"Those number would be weird if it wasn't broken, right? I'd be like some kind of monster.." Y/n amused.

"You're right.." The guard smiled nervously but convinced. "With ones likes those, you'd be able to destroy the village with one finger.."

The two laughed in awkward manners as Y/n made a mental note to forge his Status Plate later.

"And the plates of the other two?" The guard glanced at the girls.

"My companion lost it in the attack, and the demi-human doesn't have one." Y/n explained. "The reason is clear, right?"

Convinced by the half lies, the guard returned the plate to Y/n and welcomed them into Brooke village.

They strolled through the village, passing locals and shops. The warm and lively atmosphere put a smile on their faces, making them almost forgot that Tortus is ruled by a cruel god.

Y/n suddenly felt a lack of presence behind him and when he looked behind, Stelle is nowhere to be found. He and Krul looked around in panic and disbelieved to find her rummaging into a nearby trash.

"Stupid raccoon.."

Y/n then picked her up by the back collar of her clothe as if he's picking a stray cat. After giving her a proper scolding, they continued their stroll to the village's adventure guild.

They're welcomed by the receptionist warmly, and Y/n requested to sell materials he got from the Haltina Sea of Trees. The receptionist then asked for his Status Plate as she explained that an adventurer can sell materials 10% higher.

"Are you a rookie?" The receptionist asked.

"Sort of." Y/n replied.

"Then, you can register here as an adventurer." She informed. "Do you want to do it together with the trade?"

"Yes, please."

The procedure went smoothly, and Y/n took out the materials in a pouch and and placed them on the table. Y/n has no intention to reveal his Shadow Storage ability and the Storage Ring to the public since it'll attract an unwanted attention.

"These are from the monsters of the Sea of Trees..!" The receptionist gasped in shock as she inspecting the materials.

"Is it strange?" Y/n asked.

"Of course it is. No matter how long you trained, a normal adventurer couldn't handle them." She explained. "Are you sure you want to trade it here? In a bigger city, you could sell it to a higher price."

"I appreciate your concern, but here is fine."

The receptionist acknowledged his response and continued the trade. From the materials, Y/n received 596000 luta and a map as a service. He inspected the map and noticed that it looks like a proper guide book.

"Is it really alright to give us this for free?" Y/n inquired.

"I don't mind. It's something I do as a hobby." She smiled gleefully.